Reply to Thread

Thread: Bored at level 18

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Bored at level 18

Okay so now done a couple of levels where the pure goal is to get to the next level by killing bandits and quite frankly the game is boring me now. You can't get any more quests or adventures your building limit is small and extra buildings are limited, it had me hooked up until quests turned into go up a level. I feel you will find this is a large drop off point for many players if you do not introduce more intermediate quests, increase building limit and intermediate rewards. The process of training up soldiers and killing bandits is time consuming and repetitive and not enough to hold the average online gamer.

I hope this helps

World
    Northisle
    This is just going to make people want to quit right now.... Also build more things and buy stuff make ur building limit higher!

World
    Northisle
    That's just it. I'm on level 18 and I already bought 10 more building licenses early in the game. Game might be actually much more expensive for a player through gem trade than buying the complete game, when you unlock everything at once. I might to upgrade buildings first before buying more licenses. That takes a lot of time too. I think the losses in battles are seriously wrong. Almost all army wiped out not much matter how big it is.. There seems to be no way to minimize the losses.
    Last edited by Taija; 29.03.12 at 08:20.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Believe me, its no better by level 23. The game's progress from level 16 onwards just seems unbalanced. You can only have 1 marble mine until you've conquered the bottom right sector and everything you need at that point takes marble or coins (just as scarce) to upgrade.

coins are the worst bit, tbh. You can't get them from trades in decent quantities needed for upgrades and they're almost uneconomical to make yourself due to the huge investment required.

I apprecaite its a beta, that's why I'm giving my feedback as a user who spent on Gems but isn't spending or even playing until the game is fixed.

World
    Northisle
    Well im level 17 nearly, Lvl 16 atm just fighting But anyway im not bored yet im just bored of waiting for resources and updates to come!
    R4WR Best clan eVa!

Dont trip up it gets you down!

Hate me and I'll kill yah!.
    |\/\/\/\/|
    |______|
    You can exist without living.. But you can't live without existing.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yea it will better to add some real quests,not just to lvl up.This is first time in my life that i see in one game quest is lvl up.
    Ok one time to be that quest,but not from lvl 16 to lvl ..(i dont know,im 19 lvl right now,and quest is reach lvl 20).
    And i think it will be more interesting to be quest like this:Train 20 bowmans,defeat 2 bandit camps... train 30 militia,defeat 4 bandit camps etc..
    It will be more interesting than just "LVL UP".

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Yes, just logged in after my last post back to the game, looked at the screen and thought I can't even be bothered and I am routing for you guys and love the settlers PC game, but seriously lost the motivation to play online.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Please send me all your stuff. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaBee View Post
    Yes, just logged in after my last post back to the game, looked at the screen and thought I can't even be bothered and I am routing for you guys and love the settlers PC game, but seriously lost the motivation to play online.

World
    Northisle
    I have not seen any difficulties managing my upgrade resources at level18-22 ( when i was at that level ), you'll get plenty of building licences, goldcoins, marble and hardwood and you need to invest them wisely, if you get level(100 goldcoins) and 300goldcoin from leader camp and you buy thousands of marble and hardwood from trade, it's not wise investment, instead just upgrade your marble and hardwood production lines. If you say there is only 1 marble quarry, you are wrong, 1 in sector1, 2 in sector 5, 2 in sector3, 5 in sector8. There is resourcemap out there, check it out. Also you can have many masons working on 1 quarry.

What comes to quests, yes killing bandits might be a bit boring, but pace will increase, if you spend 50e ( that's what avarage game will cost ya...) to gems, you can get away from starting slow pace real quickly, again, if you spend them wisely. at level26 adventures comealong, and they are planning to plant more content in the game.
    http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/600...urejuomari.jpg
    LvL - 37 - Adventurer - Finnish mercenaries [Fi]

Reply to Thread