0 0%
  • I don't think so

5 20.83%
Reply to Thread

Thread: search queue for geologists

World
    Northisle

Angry search queue for geologists

I'm at level 22 and the Geologist is getting properly annoying now. When I log on after sleeping and working, all my mines have depleted, so I have to search for them again. I have 4 stone quarries (4 min each), 2 bronze mines (10min each), 3 marble quarries (30min each), 2 iron mines (1hour each) and a coal mine (4hours each). To search for these deposits again, it would take 8 hours and 6 minutes total (and that's even without a goldmine). Because the geologist is too stupid to take multiple orders, I'd have to stay behind the computer for that time or come back every couple of minutes during that time in order to keep him going. That's impossible for people with regular jobs and also something called a life. If, like me, you only have an hour or 2 a day to play the game per day, it's impossible to keep it up.

It's time therefore to introduce the smart geologist who has a search queue, so you can select multiple resources for him to search. If not, you will lose another player (I'm sure others have quit the game for this reason.

Norway - Birthland of giants......and trolls.
    World
    Newfoundland
    You can have several geos you know. And you will need more as you level up. Your problem is that your understaffed. I have at present 12, but thats overdoing it. I'm guessing about 5-6 will do for most when they control the entire island. Better planning and not overexpanding your industry will make your life easier.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    having 12 geologists is still not the same as a queue

World
    Newfoundland
    No, but you will save a lot of time because they work faster. That will increase your production. It's waaaaay better than a que. 1 geo will take 24h to find six coal deposits. Think about it. Is 1 geo enough?

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    No, but if you cam search parallel for all, you don't need a queue.
    On the other hand with search queue it would be possible to set the geologists to replenish the map with mines for days (allowing you from this part not to visit your settlement for days without pain) and I think it is not what the game makers want. They want you to visit the game often. :P

Cheers,
    Tim

World
    Newfoundland
    If you set your geo to search and then tear down a mine he won't find anything. The deposit must be empty or the mine demolished, before he can start the search and find something or else he will tell you that you have to many of that deposit. How long do you want the que to be and how much lag do you want on the server? And if you go offline for more than 24h the game freezes, so that you can go on vacation or whatever.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    shrug, they wont cater everything to ease of use. Making some things a bit clunky and having a gem bought solution for it, works better in their revenue model than queues for geologists and people not feeling the need to buy one for gems

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Saraptheold View Post
    How long do you want the que to be and how much lag do you want on the server?
    The queue won't cause any server lag, or you wouldn't have a queue for the barracks or provision house either. If it would, they could limit the queue for the provision house to 3 as far as I'm concerned. A queue for the geologist that is limited to 5 searches would be fine with me too, but as it is now, the game is only for people willing to spend a bucket load of money (which I won't because it'll still be annoying) or people that have no life whatsoever and can afford to sit at this game for 10 hours a day (I'm not one of those either).

If this doesn't get sorted, I will reinstall my old offline-settlers-game and forget about this annoying version.

World
    Newfoundland
    It won't get sorted, get over it or buy 2 more geos from tavern. With 3 geos u can find all that deposits without coal within 2h. Coal is different way, you said you have only one mine, but there are 3 deposits in sector so u discover all 3, build one mine and wait until it depletes. After you are done with all the rest, build new coal mine then send geo for 4h coal search and go off. Voila, in 2h you have everything recovered. So in my opinions it's not about adding queue to geos, but about knowing gameplay mechanics.

Reply to Thread