Reply to Thread

Thread: Production selection

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle

Production selection

I would like to put forward the suggestion that production facilities that work with marble or stone (And i'm guessing granite as well) continue to mine the site there currently working on till its depleted rather than leave it and start to mine the fresh one or that you have the ability to select which site they are to work on if multiple are available. I ask this because of my low level i don't have many marble sites and because of the low amount thats in them they tend to be depleted or near depletion after one nights sleep and when i send out the geologist to find a new one and it pops up next to a almost depleted site the worker switches leaving that one with like 20-30 marble remaining and wont go back till he's depleted that new site.

World
    Northisle
    This is very usefull suggestion ! i'd like this too, this should apply on farms too, you should be able to select wich field / quarry your production plant works on, instead nearest one, it's really annoying if field has only 50wheat left and it starts to farm full one, i know you can demolish nearly empty one, but i would rather farm it empty, and sometimes i miss nearly empty ones so i won't demolish them rebuild them.
    http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/600...urejuomari.jpg
    LvL - 37 - Adventurer - Finnish mercenaries [Fi]

World
    Northisle
    I think it's great that they continue production anyway, so you have a storage full in the morning. I don't see a problem there. You can shut down some production for the night, if that's the problem, so they don't deplete during the night. After you have more than 1 geologist, it is fast enough to quickly find the new deposits and you can also upgrade storages if they get too full. Of course that could be a real problem with level 3 marble mines, so I don't upgrade them to that level.
    Last edited by Taija; 05.04.12 at 10:43.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    its not a problem with them continuing to produce its the problem with them leaving mines or fields with very little resources left like a mine with 10 stone/marble/granite or as Juomari pointed out fields and starting on a freshly built/found mine/field. I get what your saying about shutting them down during the night Taija but your assuming theres already a large stock pile of said marble sitting in my storage but there isn't and thats why we need to keep the production rolling so we can actually build said stockpile. If there was a said production selection to chose where it mined it would mean that you could say have one geo out looking for marble while the other sought out coal/iron/gold and so forth rather than having two out looking for marble

Reply to Thread