Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Tool] SettlersOnlineTools - Combat Simulator

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

[Tool] SettlersOnlineTools - Combat Simulator

Hello,

finally we released the english version of our combat simulator.

An instruction is following but maybe you discover the features by yourself .

The most important feature is, that you can optimize your attacks - just select the type of soldiers you have and the sim says how many of each type you need for an optimal result - TRY IT!

Post feedback, questions, bugs and requests please here.

Hope you enjoy it!

UllrichB

/link removed BB_Trafffer
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 08.05.23 at 08:37.

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks Ullrich... I only just posted about it in the Important Links thread, and then I noticed your post here...

Much appreciated!

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    This is a great looking combat sim and I will be using it shortly for horseback so thanks for all your hard work Ullrich. Just waiting now for all the comparison calcs from the supergeeks (who will shortly take over the world ;-))

Well I've been using this sim for a while now and never go into battle without it sitting in a tab at the top of my screen. I's easy to use and very fast, which enables me to try a number of of troop combinations. The only change I would request at the moment is I wish the troops were listed as they appear in the barracks rather than grouped by type, and for those people who play on notepads (at work) it would be nice to have the names of troops and bandits listed as the icons can be really tiny.

Keep calm and carry on.
    Last edited by Majikrider; 04.05.12 at 11:27.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi,

i want to inform you about some bugfixes:

- fixed the Exp for Rougnecks
    - fixed some adventure maps

Cheerz

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Ulrich,

although I really enjoy your simulator - makes the big numbercrunching a lot faster - I cant seem to find a way to show MAXIMUM losses, not average.
    All guides are based upon max losses, not average. This means I'm recalculating by hand and with other battlecalcs to get proper numbers, quite timeconsuming...

Also it's a bit annoying that I can only input my troops by steps of 20. E.g. 20-40-60-80-100. If I want to select a maximum of say 70 troops of a kind, it automatically jumps to 80 or 60.

Hope you can fix these two issues, would make the calculator a lot better to use. Thanks!

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by dnarag1m View Post
    Ulrich,

although I really enjoy your simulator - makes the big numbercrunching a lot faster - I cant seem to find a way to show MAXIMUM losses, not average.
    All guides are based upon max losses, not average. This means I'm recalculating by hand and with other battlecalcs to get proper numbers, quite timeconsuming...

Also it's a bit annoying that I can only input my troops by steps of 20. E.g. 20-40-60-80-100. If I want to select a maximum of say 70 troops of a kind, it automatically jumps to 80 or 60.

Hope you can fix these two issues, would make the calculator a lot better to use. Thanks!
    Hi,

the min/max losses are allready there . Ff you make a single combat simulation, you see the them in the column: "Losses min-max". If you use the "find the best attacker" option you get two tables. the first table is the "top 20" table. there you only see the average losses. but under the top 20 table is another table "combat details". If you click on an entry in the top 20 table, you can see the min - max losses in the combat detail table for the selected combination.

if you have chosen an increment of 20 in the options for "find the best attacker" you can only chooses troops in steps by 20. you can change the increment to 10 or 5 if you want to choose troops in 5 / 10 steps but be aware that the number of possible combinations becomes very high and the calculations will take some time.

the increment of 20 is a pretty good compromise because mostly it doesn't matter if you attack with 100 recruits and 100 bowman or with 90 recruits and 110 bowman.

ullrich

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Hi Ullrich,

Thanks, I did not notice these (probably because I've been using the german versions and never quite understood the button text so far . Switched to English now.

thx!

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Been using this for a while without problems. However, just done witch of the swamp and the calculations have so far cost me over 100 cavalry and 90 soldiers telling me I had a 100% chance of winning with certain losses only to find I lost the battles miserably! Not impressed with you right now :'-(

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Having written the above I just ran the same scenario through the old combat sim with the same prediction as yours. So apologies to you. There is something wrong here but it isn't your sim.

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer Nukar's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Do check if you selected the correct enemy units. Selecting 1 unittype wrong is a very costly mistake

Also plz use edit funtion on forums if last post is your own
    Nevermind I give up

Reply to Thread