Thread: [Tool] SettlersOnlineTools - Combat Simulator

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Can't simulate Sons of little tailor no red box's come up over camps on map

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Just ran some attacks in Roaring Bull using various blocks.

Attack on camp 29 using 20s 20e 120c 40x consistently sims as 5-9/10 rounds with a variable percentage victory chance. Actual battle lasted 3 rounds with no chance of victory. Very expensive losses - over 100e on camp 27.

I then noticed that changing the difficulty level for the bandit camps makes no difference to the expected results.

Clear error with the sim.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy1 View Post
    Just ran some attacks in Roaring Bull using various blocks.

Attack on camp 29 using 20s 20e 120c 40x consistently sims as 5-9/10 rounds with a variable percentage victory chance. Actual battle lasted 3 rounds with no chance of victory. Very expensive losses - over 100e on camp 27.

I then noticed that changing the difficulty level for the bandit camps makes no difference to the expected results.

Clear error with the sim.
    The Simulator has Cataphracts and Lance Riders around the wrong way for cavalry with the Attack Weakest skill.

The Simulator indicates that Cataphracts are killed first, whereas (as shown in the image below) the cavalry actually attack Lance Riders first.

DutchZji
    hey guys

Nice job on the calculator. I use it a lot!

Though today I ran into trouble with it, it's in line with above posts. I ran a simulaton on a camp in Roaring Bull with average number of rounds of 6+ every time and always 5-9 rounds. When I sent, I got totally creamed in 3.

My fight:
    10 militia
    10 soldiers
    20 elites
    160 cavalry
    -VS-
    50 Nomad
    50 Lance Rider
    80 Riding Bowmen

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

[BUG] settlersonlinetools.com simulator

Since I've been unable to find any topic about this simulator, I'm posting the bug Magolfa found about this simulator in the italian server.

The simulator I'm talking about is this one:

Which is, to me, the best simulator that can be used for studying any setup / block.

The bug I'm talking about is about the rounds indicated by the simulator.

More precisely, the bug was reported yesterday (26/05/2014) and was found on the Third leader of the adventure "The clever little tailor".

L3 has the following units:

80 Bears, 40 Foxes, 30 Giants

The bug appears when you simulate the following attack: 150B with MMA general:

As you can see, the simulator clearly says that the battle will last 1 round while the truth is that is should (and will) last 2 rounds.

Why?

Explanation:

Let's play logically: each unit, unless it has splash damage, can kill up to one unit, regardless the damage it deals.

Therefore, since the above camp has 80+40+30 units = 150 units, it can kill up to 150 units.

Since our setup has 150 bowmen + 1 MMA general, it is 151 units, therefore it is NOT correct to say that the battle will last 1 round, but it will always last 2, since the general will be alive at the end of the first round. Moreover, the number of foxes killed will be 30-32, not 15-16.

Details:

Round (1) ->
    First Line Units ==> MMA general kills 15-16 foxes; Foxes kills 40 bowmen (up to 40, always 40 since minimal damage is 10 and bowmen's HP is 10).
    -- dealing damage --
    Player has 1 MMA and 110Bowmen left.
    L3 has 80 bears, 25-26 foxes and 30 giants left.

Normal line units ==> Bowmen (110 bowmen) kills 23-27 bears, avg 25.89 bears ; bears kills 80 bowmen (up to 80, always 80 for the same reason as above).
    -- dealing damage --
    Player has 1 MMA and 30 bowmen left.
    L3 has 53-57 bears, 25-26 foxes, 30 giants left

Last line units ==> Giants kills 30 bowmen (up to 30 , always 30 for the same reason as above).
    -- dealing damage --
    Player has 1 MMA left
    L3 has 53-57 bears, 25-26 foxes, 30 giants left

<-- As you can see, MMA is still alive.

Round 2:

First line units -> MMA kills 15-16 foxed; foxes kills MMA
    -- dealing damage --
    Player has no units left
    L3 has 53-57 bears, 10-12 foxes, 30 giants left

That proves that the battle will ALWAYS last 2 rounds, not 1 round as the simulator is saying.

/Link removed ~BB_Trafffer
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 08.05.23 at 08:40.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I believe that the general needs at least 1 troop alive, so whilst technically he has not died he will be treated as having lost the attack.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Killemall View Post
    I believe that the general needs at least 1 troop alive, so whilst technically he has not died he will be treated as having lost the attack.
    I've tried the attack and it actually lasts 2 rounds, so no, it lasts 2 rounds

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by bri0sheje View Post
    I've tried the attack and it actually lasts 2 rounds, so no, it lasts 2 rounds
    Could you post the images from the battle report from the ingame message, please?
    Post both the outcome for round 1 and the outcome for round 2 (if there is one).

As Sir_Killemall said, the battle will be over if all troops are dead.
    Even if the general is still alive by the end of round 1, the battle is considered a loss before round 2 starts.
    Thus, if your battle report claims there were two rounds, I would consider this a bug in the game, not in the simulator.

EDIT:
    On the other hand, if you can prove there were two rounds, then maybe the MoMA is indeed considered to still be fighting round 2. Did he in that case also kill troops? This could actually be in line with what we've seen elsewhere, the MoMA being considered as any kind of troops when trying to fulfil achievement quests, and the fact that the MoMA does take part in demolishing the camp if victorious (area of effect damage).
    Last edited by Tage; 27.05.14 at 12:33.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tage View Post
    Could you post the images from the battle report from the ingame message, please?
    Post both the outcome for round 1 and the outcome for round 2 (if there is one).

As Sir_Killemall said, the battle will be over if all troops are dead.
    Even if the general is still alive by the end of round 1, the battle is considered a loss before round 2 starts.
    Thus, if your battle report claims there were two rounds, I would consider this a bug in the game, not in the simulator.

EDIT:
    On the other hand, if you can prove there were two rounds, then maybe the MoMA is indeed considered to still be fighting round 2. Did he in that case also kill troops? This could actually be in line with what we've seen elsewhere, the MoMA being considered as any kind of troops when trying to fulfil achievement quests, and the fact that the MoMA does take part in demolishing the camp if victorious (area of effect damage).
    I did two tests:

The first one on the live server (italian server): the battle lasted one round and the general killed 16 foxes.

The second one on the test server: the battle lasted two rounds and the general killed 32 foxes.

Unluckily, since I've tested it this morning, I can't take any screen any further, since I've deleted the reports. I'll give some shots since I have to do the clever little tailor again in these days, even though also Magolfa, the player who pointed this bug out, had a 2 rounds battle.

Perhaps the master of martial art general is considered exactly as a first line unit?

------

EDIT

We're going live!

Camp n. L5 of the clever little tailor:

http://i.imgur.com/eLNgbYQ.jpg (from evilj's guide)

I'm following instead this setup:

Wave 1: MMA - 4R 196B:

Wave 2: MAJOR - 154M 116K:

I know that the setup is NOT convenient (would be better to waste more B to make 2 rounds and drastically reduce M), but since the first battle is supposed to last 1 round BUT the MMA will be alive, let's see what happens in this case.

I'll keep you updated once I do the block.

-- sent now the generals --

The battle lasted TWO ROUNDS, I'm posting now the in-game report.

Concluded: it's a bug.

In-game report:

Giving details:

---- round 1 ----

---- round 2 ----

What the simulator expects:

Last edited by bri0sheje; 27.05.14 at 14:02.

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by bri0sheje View Post
    The battle lasted TWO ROUNDS, I'm posting now the in-game report.

Concluded: it's a bug.
    Thanks!
    Remains to be seen if it's a game bug that will be corrected.
    If not, then the simulator needs to be updated.

EDIT:
    You could post about this in Ullrich's thread here, and link to this thread.
    Last edited by Tage; 27.05.14 at 16:52.

Reply to Thread