Reply to Thread

Thread: Savage Scout

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Savage Scout

Hello,

I have a suggestion/complain about the savage scout.

When you send him to do medium adventure searches it will take 16 hours. Which makes it extremely hard to maximize his efficiency. Since normal people aren't awake 16 hours a day this will always be a problem, no matter what time a day you send him the 16hour cycle will always cause problems in the end.

For me he is just as efficient as a normal scout since I only log on mornings and nights.

I would suggest that you change the time to 12h and lower his % of success. Or increase the time to 24h and also give him a better % of success.

I hope you understand what I mean, my English isn't great.
    Last edited by KungTupp; 08.04.12 at 13:39.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Are you sure about the time for a long treasure hunt? Ive 2 savage scouts and a long treasure hunt is 12 hours. This suits me fine as I log in for a while in the morning and late at night

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Sorry, my mistake this only concerns medium adventures.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quite simple really. Don't send Savage Scouts on a 16 hour hunt if they interfere with your schedule.
    Send them on a 12 hour hunt and let the other scouts do the longer hunts.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by KungTupp View Post
    I only log on mornings and nights.
    Being offline a lot should bring about 20 other gaming issues for you as well, but a great deal of players are online a lot more. Of course you will be losing out on some benefits if you only spend a fraction of the time online that other people do. I've heard many people find the game addictive and play throughout the day. It would be equally problematic if the game was paced so that it suits people visiting twice a day. Active players would be bored to death. Furthermore, if the game was made such that it'd run completely smoothly and without hindrance even if a player only visited the game occasionally, it would become impossible to gain any sort of advantage over other players. If I spend 8 hours a day online and you spend 2, and by the end of the day we've progressed the same amount, then I would be seriously disencouraged to keep on playing. And I believe that the game would lose it's essence that way.

My point is, if you aren't online a lot it's obvious that you'll miss out on something. And everyone has a choice of how to spend their time.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I knew these comments would come. But can't you see my point regardless of my active hours? a 16 hour cycle won't work for any human if you want to keep the scout busy 24/7. Of course I could do like Tierarzt suggested and only use him for 12h missions... but still I think its something for BB to think about.

Reply to Thread