Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Unable to play the game after hitting play button

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    On my notebook I can't even load the homepage anymore after a security scare yesterday. on my phone I can load but it only loads sometimes and will generally only work for 5 mins before it requires refreshing. All other pages load unless it has a settlers page address including the forum. Clearing all of my temporary internet files does not change the result. Completely lost for how else to fix the problem.

World
    Northisle
    Contact support! (Load the homepage instead of the game) and submit the issue there instead.
    If you cant find your own way there i even supply a direct link to the needed sub page.

http://www.thesettlersonline.com/en/help-and-support
    We can't solve problems using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. / Albert Einstein
    I refuse to lower my standards, to accommodate those who refuse to raise theirs. / Steve Gemlin

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    My pc won't load the homepage or the forum etc. have to use my phone. thanks for the link though.

World
    Northisle
    Sounds like you need to allow the homepage in some sort of security function. I'd suggest disabling firewalls etc, but.. i'd not want to be the reason you get infested by viruses etc.. so thats entirely up to you!
    We can't solve problems using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. / Albert Einstein
    I refuse to lower my standards, to accommodate those who refuse to raise theirs. / Steve Gemlin

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    if it was anything to do with our computers then it simply amazes me that all the people in this thread, had exactly the same issue start at the same time.

I was playing np, I log off for ten minutes to sort something..try to log back in and this happens....this isn't our end otherwise it wouldn't have started to so many people at the same time

World
    Northisle
    Ataxia; i understand that my last response might fit into the category of "Working as intended".. but it was aimed at Deeds issue with the homepage, sorry for not clarifying that directly..

However, ALOT of other players don't have this issue, which leads most of us to assume that it's a somewhat player localized issue..
    But then again, having the same issue with other browsers and/or computers does suggest that it's a profile error that support needs to handle.

So, yet again.. Contact support (and if you can reach the forum you can contact support just as easily)
    The issue itself is not related to the forum because we cant offer more than the 'clear your cache' type of suggestions.

Feel free to lock down the thread at your leisure. Moderators.

Regards
    the Scrooge

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I glad i am not the only one who can't get it to load........so want to play right now!!!

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Works on partners laptop but not on my desktop. tried all of above but no joy.... What's up?

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I've got the same problem xD

I haven't been able to get on since yesterday..
    Its been working fine for the past 2 weeks, and now it just doesn't load the game.

Lordinky
    I can only get into the game after several refreshes, where the progress bar gets a bit further each time. For a long time, I could not see the quantity of what is in my mines or fields. Everything is slowed and unresponsive. I can't put the goods I found with my explorers into the manor house, so they are waiting in star menu. These problems are all taking place at home on using my home broadband. However this afternoon, I took laptop into work and used my phone to create a mobile hotspot for wifi and was able to play the game as normal. This only started last night (Sunday 8th April).

Reply to Thread