Reply to Thread

Thread: Unbuffable Building option

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle

Unbuffable Building option

Please make it possible to either:
    Prevent a building from being buffed, ie like a buff lockdown button for each building
    Or
    Make a method to remove a buff from a building.

Although personally I think its necessary, some people might wonder why I want this option. Obviously a buffed building is better than not buffed, so why would I possibly want to remove one from a building or stop my friends from being able to buff it?

Well have you ever planned to have a freind slap a basket on your coinery for you at say midnight, so that you can log-in the following morning before 9am and sleep the building, so that it doesn't run unbuffed?
    No? Well, I have several buildings that I choose never to run unbuffed, specially the gold mine - gold smelter - coinery chain.

Its incredibly irritating then when a random freind, comes along with a sandwich or fishplate sees a coinery and says to themselves ooh that looks like an important building ill buff that for him!

Now not only do I have to wait for 45 mins for the fishplate to end or 3 hours if its a sandwich, but also have to hope the freind who was going to place a basket on it is still online when the unwanted buff ends!

I have lost lots of possible nights productions from helpful freinds popping over and buffing things I didnt want, need, nor ask to be buffed!

Please do not relate preventing buffs to the stop production (sleep function), although this is a way to implement it the problem is as soon as you wake a sleeping building the settler goes to deliver the goods finished from last run, giving little or no time for a buff to be placed on before the settler gets to a storehouse.
    Although I don't understand why a freind would buff a sleeping building unless they were asked to and knew you were about to start it.

Also my pc is old and cannot withstand a mighty rush of buffs at once and if someone with a couple of hundred fishplates pops over for a visit and buffs everything - I have to log out, sooner or later its going to happen with sandwiches, then ill have to log out for at least 3 hours lol!

World
    Northisle
    I would like a option to stop someone buffing a building for a certain amount of time. or maybe a option to make buildings you would liked to be buffed have a star above them so you know your friend wants that building buffed and you dont have to wait for your friend to come online to ask them what they want buffing.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    A star above a building to show what you would like to be buffed - excellent idea!

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Speaking of Buffs, maybe also implement a auto shut off building option, for expensive buildings..like when the building is not buffed have it auto shut itself off..

like when you buff it with whatever buff, it turns itself on again..

or maybe this is going 2 far lol

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    Speaking of Buffs, maybe also implement a auto shut off building option, for expensive buildings..like when the building is not buffed have it auto shut itself off..

I think so lol

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post

But brilliant nonetheless!

Reply to Thread