Reply to Thread

Thread: Sector 6 Bandit Camp Help Please

World
    Northisle

Sector 6 Bandit Camp Help Please

Hi Guys, I could use some help with taking out the last bandit camp before the Leader Camp in sector 6. I have spent many hours reading all about attacking, different troops, waves of attacks and hit points ect... but I have found them to be a little hard to read and understand and although I do think I have a fairly good knowledge of battles and I do use the Combat Simulator I am still having a problem taking out this last camp.

(I feel I am much better and have a greater understanding of the economic side of the game)

The last camp has 150 Thugs 30 Guard Dogs and 20 Rangers. I have tried a few different make up of troops to see what I am best of training to win but the simulator keeps telling me I will most likely lose. I am level 24 and have got up to longbowmen in available troops. I have made 20 cavs to attack the dogs, 50 Malita for rangers and up to now I have 80 Recruits but I dont know who else to train as like I said the simulator keeps telling me I will most likely lose every time and I have tried 5 or 6 different make up of troops to no avail so if anyone can offer me some advise I would be much grateful.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    On simulator you can put in what is in the enemy camp then hit simulate, then filter for the troops types you have available, and see what other people used to kill the camp. A lot of camps will not be killable in one attack (or wave). This requires you to have more than 1 general, or wait between waves for him to heal.
    I would make 30 cavs and send them in to kill the dogs in first attack.
    Then second attack 100 recruits, 50 militia (as you already have them made) 25 cavs and 15 longbows or (25 bowmen) would finish off the camp.
    Specially when you get to do the harder camp leaders its nescessary to kill off the troops who are with the leader, then you can concentrate next attack on killing the leader off.
    All I did was removed the dogs from the group on battle sim (as you know 30 cavs on first hit will kill them) then played around with numbers to find out what would kill the remaining troops in the camp.
    As you know better what troop types you can make and how long you want to wait, its better to have a play around with the numbers on the sim.
    You could probably do the whole camp with 3 attacks of 200 recruits! That may be better for you than making 25 cavs, longbows and whatever else you may decide upon. I usually just see what I already have available, then modify that on the sim a bit to see if I can finish the camp in 1 hit. If I find that Its possible, then Ill look to see if I can alter it a little to loose only recruits and not the better troops.

Hope that helps.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    So for a camp with say 180 dogs and 20 rangers would you advise looking at sending in say 100 Cav in wave 1 followed by say 100 militia and 100 recruit in wave 2?

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Hi Emsy,

Check the Combat Guide on the forums found here:-

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...l=1#post168364

It recommends wave 1 of 200 recruits followed by another wave of 175 recruits. Like Ceran says, either do this with 2 generals or do wave 1, wait 4 hrs and then wave 2.

Hope this helps,

Don

World
    Northisle
    I did wave 1 with 30 Cavs and no the Guard Dogs are gone. So there are only 149 Thugs and 20 Rangers left to take out.

I have made 105 Recruits 50 Malitia and 15 Long Bowmen but the combat sim says I most likely wont win. I tried increasing Recruits to 150 and adding the 50 Malitia and that does not work either, I also tried combinations of Cavs, Recruits, Malitia and Long Bowmen and all came out as most likely to lose.
    Im not sure what to do now?

Donjuanxpd: I entered 175 Recruits in the combat simulator against the 149 Thugs & 20 Rangers and it says I will most likely lose again?
    I am using this: http://castleempiresim.com/index.php#results as the other combat simulator link does not work any more.
    Last edited by Emsy; 10.04.12 at 19:15.

World
    Northisle
    Well it took 3 waves but I did it the last camp of sector 6 gone and the leader left for anouther day. 1st wave 30 Cavs to take out the dogs, 2nd wave 100 recruits 15 bowmen and 50 malitia I took out 109 thugs and 10 rangers, 3rd wave 90 recruits & 10 melitia and they took out the camp. I was left with 33 recruits and 10 malitia.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

World
    Northisle
    I am glad you got sector 6 Madam Emsy

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Yay you did it girl!

Reply to Thread