Reply to Thread

Thread: Crazy general

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

Crazy general

Hi! I was doing the traitors adventure and had to take out only the Castle and the camp on the left of it. I've sent a general to block that camp, and another one to take out the castle (which had only Robin and Big Bertha - so this should have been the last attack). I sent my good general a tiny bit to late, because after reaching the castle he started to go toward the other camp, which caused me to retreat him. The sound for the retreating was made and he changed direction towards my garrison. 2 seconds later he vanishes and reappears near my garrison, heading towards the enemy camp. I've retreated him again, the sound for retreat was made again and he retreated. Since everything seemed allright I went on a different tab in my browser and, a minute later I hear the sound of a battle. I quickly switch tabs only to see my idiotic general fighting the castle and the other enemy camp missing. He was intercepted by that camp (although I haven't heard the sound for the intercepting camp and the fact that I retreated him...twice...), he lost about 50 recruits and 100 soldiers, and now he was losing the remaining 50 soldiers.
    I know that this might not be a bug (it has never happened to me until now) but maybe some huge lag. But still, it can't be moddified in a way which will make the general change his path only when he receives confirmation from the server? Because a full army is a pretty big deal (lots of time, bread, wine, not to talk about swords), it's not some lost boost sandwich.
    Edit: that was long and incomprehensible, here's the short version:
    2*generals(A+B) vs 2*camps(C1+C2);
    general A blocks C1, general B sent to attack C2
    general A is defeated, general B is late hence I retreat him
    general B "teleports" near his garrison, heading towards the two camps, I retreat him again
    general B is in his garrison
    -----browsing in a different tab---- general B attacks (without any orders whatsoever) C1, defeats it, and then he attacks C2.
    Last edited by Volaxad; 16.04.12 at 07:50.

Reply to Thread