Reply to Thread

Thread: Building Upgrades

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Building Upgrades

I do believe that the current upgrade costs for buildings is way to high. I do, ofc, refer to the coin based lines of upgrade. Compared to the wood/marble upgrades then upgrading a coin building costs 17 times as much as one upgraded by wood. Current price of 120 Hardwood is, approximately, 6g...this will upgrade the building, whereas the coin based upgrade is 100g for level 1 to 2. This desperately needs addressing, as lower level players would find obtaining multiples of 100g very difficult to come by.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    the cost is ok imo.

You only need to pay the upgrade once and it is forever one lvl higher. And wait till you have the coin upgrades behind you and need exotic wood and granite to upgrade and you find out granite cant be gotten from a quarry, just from adventures and you need more than the coin as well

The upgrade needs make leveling more difficult/timeconsuming- which is the intention of these numbers. Else everyone will race to a lvl 5 building island very fast making everything much simpler (and the wish to use gems also less) I like the timesinks as they get people to buy gems which pays developers which means more content being made for the game :P

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    the cost shouldnt be looked over imho

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    If the buildings were too cheap to upgrade we'd all have level 5 of everything. The idea behind the upgrading costs is to make us all work for it and earn it. It's all part of planning the game, deciding which building to upgrade with your limited resources, and if they were cheaper to upgrade the game would lose a lot of its point. I'd love ot have 5000gc to ugrade my mayors, and one day I will. And when I do it'll be a sense of achievement because of what I had to do to get it. This game is a slow paced game. The upgrades reflect it. And what Qualan said - those higher level upgrades using granite and exotic wood are killers - but boy you feel good when you get them.

World
    Newfoundland
    Something that tells me what the new benefit will be by upgrading a particular building.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    if you upgrade a building you double production by using double resources. if it's storehouse/mayor it tells you what your storage capacity will increase by before you upgrade

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    2 benefits to upgrading:

1) use less licences
    2) use less buffs for same effect

Also there is another issue which makes upgrading a necesity at some point and that is the size of the island, which limites the total amount of buildings it can hold- including stuff like waterwells and wheatfields

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Cully View Post
    if you upgrade a building you double production by using double resources. if it's storehouse/mayor it tells you what your storage capacity will increase by before you upgrade
    It doesn't double - it increases production and requirements by 100% from base.

World
    Northisle
    I find that upgrading with exotic wood and granite is about as difficult to do now as it was to upgrade with hardwood and marble in the early days when I had to make my hardwood planks and marble in the provisions house.

Reply to Thread