Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: [kaos] adventure guides - Veteran General & Xbows

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Taking recent developments in the cost of materials and various requests by players into consideration, we are going to make changes in our setups.

We will switch more and more to the use of Bowmen
    We will try to switch from Cavalry to Militia

The price of bows has been dropping steadily over the last month. Also the price of beer has been going down, meaning they are less expensive to produce. With many setups, 20B can replace 30 or 40R, giving a good saving on bread while not being more expensive to produce.

We are switching from C to M in certain cases because Iron Swords are dropped regularly and in sufficient amounts from the adventures used in our guides. Cav is notably beer-hungry, too. Militia provide an optimal balance between cost and effectiveness, more so than Soldiers in our view.

We will list alternative (older) setups as well, so people can choose.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Nice, clean and easy to use guides !

Well done

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Just done the Island of Pirates using your guide and the need for 70r 180s on camp 8 (the one with interception) gave me a 70r 1s loss. The interception took out 20 recruits so it was 50r, 180s going into camp 8.

Very nice maps, i been storing up adventures for your guides, so easy to follow.
    Last edited by terghi; 03.05.12 at 10:03.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    terghi,

Sorry to hear that. I've been asking a few beta testers about their experiences with camp 8, and so far it worked out tightly. I'll revise that, my apologies for your loss.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    np mate, it's 1 wee soldier and few more recruits, easy worth the sacrfice for such a good guide imho. Only posting so you can tweak for others.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    First of all I love your guides!, but I have 1 small remark :P On the map of pirates in the right corner you've put the troops that are needed and put 177C but you need 248C in the first camp so maybe you could adjust that to prevent confusion... I just used your guide but now that my troops arrived I saw that I need 248C instead of 177C It's my fault for not looking carefully enough I know but I always look at the total troops grtz!

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Satrax,

Seems I should have put a bit more time in Pirates. I blame the freezing cold and the broken heater here Will fix it tonight! Thanks for the headsup.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    you can do island of pirates with max ~470 R looses , and real looses are around 400-450R if you add some block's , but still , very nice looking guides

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Vivelas,

Feel free to share your knowledge! I'd be glad to give you the credits, and will update the guide. Right now this is the best I could do, curious where I missed out on some significant advantage. Pirates was never my favorite, since it just did not have a lot of opportunities for me (first strike units everywhere...) to tweak around. But maybe I've not been looking well enough..!

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well I've made map for pirates , but first of all it was mostly for me , so there is a little bit of chaos and second thing , it's a mix of Shobbob map and blocking methods from this thread : http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...-Camp-Blocking , so I dont have any credits at all .

And here is map:

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/900/piracibloki.jpg

PS. I like yours guides because they are very clean , simple and easy.

Reply to Thread