Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: [kaos] adventure guides - Veteran General & Xbows

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    You always send the general to the marker with the troop numbers and losses. The rest is automatic .

Please also read the index that I added on the startpost, it explains everything!

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    OK thanks, and as I said before, great maps, used Witch a few times now, and it's excellent.

Although I do move my gen to just below camp 1 for attacking camp 2

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Hi,

We chose to not include Elite soldiers at the moment because only a small minority of the server is able to use them. We have some information about our maps with the use of elite soldiers, and there are some profits to be made (usually nothing extreme, maybe 5-10% benefit in the best of cases).

We will start including ES as alternative setups in text form with some of our maps in the near future, and provide full ES-based maps in 1 month (linking the old maps as backup for those who do not have them yet).

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Added "The Nords" adventure guide(22 April) :
    - Very fast and easy map with great XP & loot.

World
    Newfoundland
    Stickied the guide, great work guys

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    How is that block on last camp on Nords? It seems i did it wrong, sent general to right camp as said in guide and general took out it. Then i sent last wave and it got intercepted by middle camp. Guide said it was ok to get intercepted then it proceed to last camp. Then i lost the fight and all my xbmens. Please tell what i did wrong.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Kiltax,

Sorry to hear you lost units. I'm not sure what you did, but you should only place attacks on camps according to their number, from the positions marked with those numbers. E.g. position 6,7 is only to be used for attack waves 6 and 7. And Position 8 is only for attack wave 8.

Also on the map it shows what camps are allowed to intercept - so especially when doing a guide for the first time it's wise to keep a good eye on the general and retreat him if he goes to a camp without a white * mark (signifying he is allowed to be intercepted by it).

I suspect that your general placement was not 100% correct, since that is the only way to get intercepted by the wrong camp (Happened to me when I wasn't paying attention a couple of times, including today...could retreat just in time). The final attack is a copy of a very popular setup used on the German forums, so it's a very safe and tested technique - but depends entirely on perfect general placement (noted as thumbnail "8" on the bottem right of the guide).

Hope this clears it up a bit, if I you provide more information I can trace back further what went wrong perhaps. Sorry again for your losses!

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I did place garrisons as pictures in guide showed and was careful about that.
    But i found out what i did wrong. You had right about positions. I didn't see these numbers on yellow line so i did attack both 7 and 8 on position 8.
    So it was nothing wrong with guide but it can easily get misunderstanded

Just read careful ppls

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Kiltax,

Ah. Well good we found out, although it still hurts to lose xbows. Been there done that, sadly

I'm not sure how I can further clarify the positions. Right now I try to convey the positions in the following manner :

- The five thumbnails specifying general positions on the bottom
    - The yellow attack markers for rough general positioning on the map
    - The attack wave numbers [5,6] for each yellow attack marker

If you can advise how I can further clarify general positions without cluttering the map, I'll take it into consideration Thanks!

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Nords Adventure:

To get the desired path to take the last camp and skipping the middle and left camp i had to positon my general here:

Reply to Thread