Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Something that wuld make everyone happy (pvp)

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Something that wuld make everyone happy (pvp)

I come up with this idea while taking a 20 min bath so its still at basics first off all all players up to lvl 20 wuld me imune to this , well then to start off , i come up a with a pvp system (addition) that wuld be verry nice, For players to be able to attack other players with the options to capture their kingdoom,if they succed they dont get control over anything , but they kill all army units of the players along with the general.

And the defeated player can go on playing normaly with a change that the player who beaten them becomes thier king and gets like 10 or 15 % of all recources income daily ,but dosnt have control over the player,and the player can build up thier army back up for 10 days (less or more ) without the fear of being just nailed back,and try to free thier country , if a third player attacks the allready defeated player he wuld have to fight thier king (the controler one who won ) ,also the button to stop the production of buildings wuld be disabled while the player is under control of another.
    Now why is this good?
    it wuld give players a morale boost and a feeling they can achive something bigger in the game and become famous ,by becoming kings of many players, or they get beaten wuld push them to build an new batter army and free thier country , that way everyone wuld have a higher goal in thier heads and more motivation . i am still working on the details of this , but i wuld like to hear some opinions on this

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer Nukar's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    I ensure you many conquered players will instantly quit.
    Nevermind I give up

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Dont think so , they wuld rly be defeated they wuld just have to pay taxes which isnt that bad, and this wuld not effect players below some level,so i dont think they wuld quit thanks for the opinion you may be also right

World
    Northisle
    For those who enjoy this type of 'conquest' game, I would recommend Travian. I enjoy playing TSO because it's a non-conquest, village building sim. It's reassuring to know that when I log-in my village will be as I left it and not under the ownership of a competitive, aggressive player.

I agree with Nukar, those players who have their village conquered would soon quit playing.

World
    Newfoundland
    I really love when players who have played on this server for less than a month seem to know exactly what would make "everyone happy".

As shown by other online-games, this is a bad way of PvP, and there are plenty of suggestions on the forum on how PvP can be had without being a threat to the player's home zone, eliminating the risk of high level players picking off the new players one by one (And yes, a player at level 20, can be considered a new player).
    Now remember kids, Mr Simpson is like a monkey. Fun to watch, but do not copy.
    / Ned Flanders

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    At the moment PvP like this was introduced, i would quit.

I have seen too often my kingdom being destroyed by kids with no life, who are more then happely to stay up to 03.00 local time to wreck havoc in someone's else game. There are more then enough combat-orientated games around where they can show off the fact that they are OR rich kids who can afford to spend HUNDREDS of EURO's in a online game OR unemployed no-lifers who have nothing to do than playing games.

Norway - Birthland of giants......and trolls.
    World
    Newfoundland
    Travian all over again. I hated that game.

World
    Newfoundland
    Something that wuld make everyone happy (pvp)
    You mean.. Something that would kill the game.

If a free-for-all PvP was implemented as you suggest, atleast 50% of the players would quit instantly.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    define 'everyone'. Many players, myself and my bf included, would be off like a shot if we got compulsory pvp. There's so much more to this game than just fighting

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    And I just read further - we're not all power freaks eitehr. Some of us are quite happy building our own kingdoms with no need to be 'famous' and prove we're supposedly better than eveyrone else

Reply to Thread