Reply to Thread

Thread: Better Product Manager

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Better Product Manager

Hey how about to make changes in Mayour house. For a present moment when we click on it we can see how much of log, coal, bronze fish and so we have. But it could be very useful to have tab about how much of good produced in a minute and how much used. Like Coal Produced 4 in a minute; Used 5 in a minute. So we understand, that we need to reorganize something. Like to build more or demolish some other. And another suggestion to have ability to control how much of some goods we may store on storehouse.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    All storehouses act as a central store so there's no real need to have stuff in different storehouses.
    Not sure I for one would like a whole list of figures when I click the mayors house either. If I see something going down, I look at the production chain and alter it. Too many figures will just over complicate it.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    well yeah a figure on how many recourses of a kind that you're producing/using every minute/hour would be really helpful for min/maxing to make sure that you don't stockpile too much and still doesn't run out. or say if i need more coal to be able to substain what i currently have then it would be nice of it to tell me. so i can get more mines/cokers and if more cokers more woodcutters and more planters.

something that would also be nice were if you could scale production of a facility.like say slow them down so they produce less/hour but the cost per item could potentially be lower or in terms "overclock" a building to produce faster but with a higher consumption per item. to use if you are in great need of say weapons then you could overclock your weapons smiths to 200% but then not only does the consumption/hour rise but consumption/item so say bronze swords would then also cost 300% of normal price ergo 3 copper bars and 6 coal. to make it something you should only do if desperate.

or say tune down the production in order to not undermine other buildings so day slowing production down to 50% would make each item cost less but take longer. of course the numbers should be worked on. to a reasonable degree but you get the idea.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    or we just monitor it for ourselves and if we have too much we turn production off and then back on? There really is little need for complex figures in a game this simple

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    a simple way to get around the problem of how would you show if your producing/not producing would be to add a up or down arrow next to the resource like if your producing a lot of coal you could have a arrow stacked on top of another one to represent this if your producing more than used but not a lot you could have a single arrow. and the same for if your under producing

Reply to Thread