Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PVP v Single Player

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

PVP v Single Player

I just wanted to start a new chat on the pvp subject and to get lots of people's opinions on this.
    I love the idea of any pvp type addition to the game but I would really like to be able to not join in on pvp aswell.
    I wouldnt like the idea of building up a settlement that could take months and then have it taken over or burnt down.
    possibly the idea of a pvp battle and losing money or resourses rather than a pvp battle and losing land and buildings as in the player v computer type settlers games. And it has to be agreed by both sides rather than a free for all battle senario where you can choose any player to attack and they have no choice!

many thanks

Curtis

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    I didn't like the idea that someone can choose not to participate in pvp... Like if you want to battle someone he can just not do it, that beats the point of pvp. Secondly, i agree on the settlement demolishing and taking over someones island since people worked a lot and it would be too much. The option that i like is that you can't take over or destroy someones island but rather plunder it and take his recources and such. Maybe also a conquer option, so you pay a % of your daily income to your "conqueror", and ofc there would be an option to rebel against him and break the authority and set free... Tricky subject indeed, and i recon a lot of people will leave no matter how they implement it..

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I like the idea of no Pvp

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    If you want a game with pvp, then go find another game.

I did think of a lot of things to write, but I've said them before, so simply if you want pvp, then go dfind a game that has it, or go buy a first person shoot-em up

World
    Northisle
    I prefer Settlers the way it is. For those who want PvP combat there are plenty of other games out there that cater for this.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Tbh this gets realy realy boring after 3 weeks. there must be PvP or at least option to those who want to do so, there is people that want to see they settlers to take armors and weapons, marching against other setlers to test they strenght on battlefield.
    someones want to trade resourses, others want to take/lose resourses. everyone hate to see own island burning and storehouse empty, but love moment when its payback time

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    In any open game like this you will always have the problem of the higher lvl players having more resources and able to put bigger armies into the field. A force of well over 1000 is easy for someone in the mid 30s and in the 40s 2000 is possible.

Compare this with a lvl 18 who will struggle to put together 40 recruits.

So what is the purpose? Handicap? why bother? go off to a separate island, why bother - it's called an adventure.

Until convinced otherways, all I see in pvp are a group of people who just want to go around beating up on weaker players. I for one would not want my island ransacked by a player a couple of lvls above me, and similarly someone who has invested a considerable amount of real money doesn't want to see it wasted.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    if this game bekom travian i will stop playing it. im her only for i can play when i wont and dnot have to be here and se if im under attack.

do samting like arenas, you sign up and do a 1 weck battle aganst some one in same level and loser samting winer takes it.

live the game so i can play it whitout losing whin im not playing

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Okay, I will give an good idea on how we can an working PvP. It will even include attacking someone island and destroying it.
    But I think we need to make some small suggestion in the game so I think we need an own server for PvP.

My changes will include.
    1. No Gems = We don't want players BUY their army with real money don't we?
    2. No random events = We don't want Luck to decide who is going to win.
    3. No friendls/Guilds = We don't want friends ganging up one player don't we?
    4. One hour online time per day = We don't want people who can just have their buddies log in win this game don't we? (Have seen this happening, that two or three guys just played the same account and worked in shifts!)
    5. PvP attack on only higher rated players = Yeah right otherwise our PvP hero's will just attack the new players.

Think i have prevented most of the abuses. Have fun.

World
    Newfoundland
    Any form of PvP is an open invitation to the wrong sort of people we need here, namely griefers and braggers.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Reply to Thread