Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: [FWB] Hasmirs's adventure blog for Veteran fighters

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I noticed that after reading the outlaws map, the other 2 maps are very pixalated when trying to read the amount of troops.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Allways love to see new maps - and the use of the vet general is nice

But in outlaws i think that attacking the lower sector first is wrong (attack 1-3 ). Attack the top sector first ( 8-14 ) or at least before 1-3

The top sector is the ONLY attack that need 3 blocks the rest can be done with 2 blocks.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    First I'm glad you guys like my maps.
    Second, I am aware of the problem with the size of the troops in maps. Its all work in progress, and in the beggining I wasnt sure how to do it anyway. I'm learning from mistakes, and hopefuly future maps will improve. (Ofcourse I'll fix those that I already did too, but can't say how soon).
    Third: ALL GENERALS THAT BLOCK HAVE TO BE NORMAL. On next maps I will write this with big letters.
    And fourth, you can play Outlaws in so many ways, that there is no map big enough to put them all in. You are welcomed to play it your way Burger, I just wanted to do it in some order.

Thanks for the first feedback guys.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    It was a friendly advise my point is.

For taking out the top sector you will need 4 generals ( 3 normal blocking and one for the leader camp ). When that is done the rest off the map can be done with 3
    generals ( 2 normal blocking and one for the leader camp ) - you will need a total of 3+1 for the map - but after taking out the one sector that needs 3+1 you can easly put one to recover and get on with the rest off the map since you no longer need him - and when the map is done a general that is recovering is reset and returns just as fast as the rest of the Generals.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    I'm glad to hear your point Burger, dont get me wrong.
    But all the blocks (except for the first one that uses 1R) are done without any generals that need to recover. So you can play the map in any order. But if you want to do that first block, its better to do it first, and you can continue on the map as written, and at the and (after 4 hours) you do that last triple block. You see my point?

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    oh... so the blocking generals don't use 1R, instead they use full army? and the veteran general is faster to win the battle so blocking general win their battles without losing any men while they are still attacking?

so, for example in outlaws in 5-6-7camp you would need almost 400cavalry to make that block? :s
    Last edited by Dazzler; 19.04.12 at 16:25.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yes Dazzler.
    There are two types of blocks. 1st use just one R when you just need a bit of time to pass the red zone around the camp to the leader, and the second one makes camp (or camps) busy long enough for leader camp to be destroyed (and to clear the zone without additional losses).
    And yes, you need exactly 384 cavalary for that block.
    But its fun

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    My camp 4-5-6 blocking in outlaws failed both G4&G5 attacked camp5 and G3 started attackin camp6 and I lost about 200cavalry. Could R be used for blocking instead of C ?

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Camp 4 is not a part of a block. You have to destroy that one first. Thats probably why your general got intercepted on the way to camp 5 and your block failed. I'm sorry it did, I thought I made map clear enough. Will look into it, if I can make it better.
    And no, R dont work in that block. Not as far I tested at least.
    I hope you recover fast.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Sorry man, I meant 5-6-7.

I think that I maybe sent G5 1-2seconds too early, but I wonder is the timeframe so tight in block position 2. Meaning what is the last position with G4 to send G5. Maybe I'll try to test it in test server
    Last edited by Dazzler; 20.04.12 at 13:35.

Reply to Thread