Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [FWB] Hasmirs's adventure blog for Veteran fighters

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Dont know what changed, but from G2 on sftr you get intercepted by other 2 towers when attacking the castle. Last 3 i done i tried various positions, and the general seems to turn a few secs later and gets in the range of the tower to get intercepted. This wasnt happening before, id like some feedback..

EDIT: If it helps, he used to approach from the right side, now he goes in between the towers and to the left from the castle. He should turn right after boulders but he doesnt.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    The position of the garrison is critical. If you put your general where I made a close up of garrison you shouldnt encounter any problems. At least I and other people didnt. If you still get intercepted, try to put garrison even higher to the right. Might help.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by PapiFiveNine View Post
    Dont know what changed, but from G2 on sftr you get intercepted by other 2 towers when attacking the castle. Last 3 i done i tried various positions, and the general seems to turn a few secs later and gets in the range of the tower to get intercepted. This wasnt happening before, id like some feedback..

EDIT: If it helps, he used to approach from the right side, now he goes in between the towers and to the left from the castle. He should turn right after boulders but he doesnt.
    I finished it today, i put on g2 normal general and a bit higher (still next to the mountains) Veteran, even so, if you watch on walking path it seems like general is getting to camp 8 rather from right then from top, anyways he was out of range of another 2 towers (range of the towers crosses camp 8 exactly in the center 45 degree arc)

So basically confirmed working but from a bit different position, still it seems like id doesn't matter, the walking paths seems to be exactly the same from certain point.

Btw testing VTV map, hope to not get to much losses in failed blocks lol

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    All known errors and miscounts have been fixed plus some maps updated with the help from Katia_.
    The blog is lookin pretty neat right now (so Ra_V_en please check new VtV map, count of needed S was wrong)
    Last edited by Hasmir; 08.05.12 at 15:07.

World
    Northisle
    Well I'm using calc every time since I got only lb's atm... tho blocks was done just fine... still found some minor tweaks for block 3:

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    I'm aware that block 3 can be upgraded. The current still works without a problem if the timing is right, but I know there can be some improvement to increase the timeframe for general sending. The fix is already in the progress of making, but wasnt implemented in this round of updates.
    Thanks for those extra 2R addition

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    First picture garison position, others tried out aswell along the mountain. Second picture u see where the gen comes, then gets intercepted and pulled by the towers... Now i dont mind sending cav to the castle, gettin intercepted then retreating after, im just confused coz this used to work and the general wouldnt get intercepted...

This is where he comes, tried along the mountain and from the normal garison position like in the guide and like in the 1st pic.
    Last edited by PapiFiveNine; 08.05.12 at 21:05.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    If you check closely at the picture of my garrison placement in closeup of my map, you will see that its positioned just a bit higher than yours middle garrison (somewhere in the trees near mountain). Now I dont know, if the positions that you have arent working since I only used min, and was allways succesful. I suggest you try my position and let me know if it doesnt work (than maybe for some players it doesnt, since you are the first one to notice it).

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Covered every position in between the top one and the bottom one, same thing happens... I understand what ur sayin lol, and i always did it like this too, and it worked fine.. It just started to not work all of a sudden xD I must be bugged or something

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer
    World
    Newfoundland
    All those garrison positions in PapiFiveNine's image should work.
    The path for the general would first go straight south from those positions, and then turn to the SW, once he's lined up with the White Castle, however avoiding all obstacles en route, e.g. the water and the boulders mentioned earlier.

The only thing I could think of that could cause the general to walk straight in through the middle of that gate (after passing the boulders), is if the right-most tower was still standing when you sent off the general attacking the White Castle. I suspect that tower is taken into account when the path is calculated (at the moment you send him off), even if the tower would happen to become demolished while the general is marching, long before he actually arrives to the gate.

Reply to Thread