Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestion: fix the battle system

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Suggestion: fix the battle system

Okay, this makes me wan't to stop playing this (free, yes I know ) game.

I've allready lost 800 (!!!!!) men (recruits, militia, bowmen, cavalry, i've tried any combination with 100+ of each type) on the Chuck boss. Why? Because the battle system has a fault. Yes it has. This is what happens.

My units attack the Chuck boss first and the other units later, or in reality; they don't attack the other roughneck units at all. But hey, if a boss has no point left he won't die, but my units keep attacking it. And thus not attacking the roughneck units so they won't die eithers. Chuck is all ready and healty again in my next attack. How can I defeats a boss if he won't die when counted to zero or my units won't attack other unit? See my screenscap for the last battle. My others ended in a similair way.

@forum users: i've tried all the battleguides with no results. My units keep on attacking Chuck and don't tough the roughnecks.

Dear BlueByte,

I've been a Settlers fan all my life but this ruins everything. Please fix this

greetings,

Chris1979

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris1979 View Post
    @forum users: i've tried all the battleguides with no results. My units keep on attacking Chuck and don't tough the roughnecks.
    Cant believe you used all battle guides. Use this to see KillerCore's combat guide.

Bandit Leader (Chuck + 50 Dogs + 49 Rangers + 100 Roughnecks) [1: 115C 2: 85R 40M 75B 3: 200R (225R 40M 75B 115C) ] (Wave 3: 175R minimal)

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I did :-(

Especially the KillerCore guide since it's very usefull. That's why I think there's a fault in the battle system :-)
    Last edited by Chris1979; 22.04.12 at 15:54.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    you must not be following the waves properly then, the idea is to sacrifice cavalry on the first wave to take out the rangers and dogs. Then focus the second wave on taking out just chuck, this means having enough recruits/militia to take several attacks from the roughnecks and chuck with enough bowmen to kill chuck, cavalry on the second wave are useless since chuck and the roughnecks have too much hp for them to be effective.

seeing as you already killed some roughnecks, you must have been wasting a lot of cavalry. What you need to do is send:

85 recruits
    40 militia
    75 bowmen

then chuck should be dead.

after your general recovers, send 200 more recruits to finish off the roughnecks.
    Last edited by Kotugo; 22.04.12 at 16:59.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Chuck had 0 points on my last attack and didn't die. That's why I question the battle system. I'll send the wave you suggest and report back :-)

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Reporting back: Chuck did die this time with the 85R, 40 M, 75B army. Guess I did somthing wrong last time or Chuck had just 1 point left or something like that.

Anyway, problem solved :-)

World
    Newfoundland
    i killed chuck by sending 200militia in my first attack, they all will die, but they will get chuck no problem, then is just a matter of dealing with the rest.
    http://www.torredelbierzo.net/clipart/Simbol.gif
    When the going gets tough, only the tougher keeps going

Reply to Thread