Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Watermills and Silos......

Xandathrii

Watermills and Silos......

Wells and Wheatfields.....the everlasting project!
    I mean, I enjoy my hours of settlerstime every day, but must of that time I replace wells and Wheatfields... And well, thats...boring.. and annoying..
    Nothing is more annoying then if you come back from a 30hour trip, just to find all your wells and fields gone, and have to spend a hole day replacing them.....stressfull...when all you wanted was to go on a adventure......

But they are an important part of the game, ofcourse. I started investing some money in gems, and bought watermills and silos... but man...those are extremly expencive! I mean, 895 gems for a Watermill and 750 gems for a silo... I see how you can make a hole lot of money here BB, wealthy people tired of replacing all of those fields and wells, using 200euros on them (29k gems for 99,9E is 32 watermills, and 29k gems for 99E is 38 silos) and that about what the average player needs, if he keeps them on atleast level 3. (i got 41 farms and 56 wells atm, so that would be somewhat what i need....)..

What I am saying here, Is that, Its alot of money to make a good game great! I enjoy the game, but if I have to spend that much money to make it perfect....im just sad...and frustrated... I know you earn gems every week (+45), and every time u level (+170 pre lvl 40, and +200 post lvl 40), but it takes time to level... and if i was to save up 45 every week , i can buy one watermill every 19,8 weeks, and i need 32 watermills, so thats 636 weeks (12 years)... and i havent even started on silos.....

One simple suggestion, pls make them cheaper, or gainable in adventures\events (thumbs up for waterwells in easterevent, but 240 eggs, cmon.....)....

Phew! thanks for reading this Devs
    Last edited by Xandathrii; 23.04.12 at 10:45.

World
    Newfoundland
    If everything was so easy to obtain ingame, there'd be no point in BlueByte selling gems. They're not a charity.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    240 eggs is cheap anyway. Seen the cost in gems?

1) eggs are relatively easy to get
    2) they need to make money
    3) they need stuff to hold interest in game for events etc

If all is given away at the start or made trivial to get- how will they keep people interested (and spending money)

Xandathrii
    There is a midway between charity and getting your water self supplying in 12 years.....

Ive spent enough money on gems for awhile now, and trust me, ive spent 4 times what i usually pay for a new game I do like microtransactions, instead of monthly payment, so thumbs up for that BB! But you would make more money if you lowered the cost on those things, cuz i would buy em if i had a chance to make my island be independant, cuz i travel alot

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    well i traded my way to 18 water mills for gc only so only cost me time now if i was working i would rather pay gems but i am not and i have fun with the game so its a trade of you know pay or trade use what ever resorses you have to get it free or pay for it or stop playing if your not happy

i love the game and i will get all i want to make me happy wen playing gc or gems dont care

Xandathrii
    Ah yes, i forgot that you can trade watermills, guess ill try that.. What does a watermill usually cost in gc?

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    now 240gc so thats around 1200gc later might be more as need to use gc then

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    or buy the starter pack - that's good value and you get a silo + watermill + gems + enough gc to buy another watermill at the price given!

Xandathrii
    Quote Originally Posted by unlucky View Post
    or buy the starter pack - that's good value and you get a silo + watermill + gems + enough gc to buy another watermill at the price given!
    Yeah, a startetpack is nice... but still, my point is, they cost to much gems....

Ive started the tradegame with eggs now, to buy hopefully 2-3 watermill before the event is over... And ive heard that a Watermill is around 2.5k gc.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    watermills seem to be a favorite to include in events - so all in all it wont take 12 years :P

and gold coin eventually becomes a fairly trivial item- the more you have upgraded, the less you will need and then you can invest excess into watermills. Most is about timing more than anything else and about choices. The easier it is to get all goods and goodies- the less choice you have to make and the easier people walk away for lack of challenge - the bottlenecks have to be somewhere and i dont mind it being in something like watermills. I tmight be annoying to make wells, but it is cheap and doesnt cost licenses - just time to manage

Reply to Thread