Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Some suggestions

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Lightbulb Some suggestions

Hello BB developers

I have some suggestions and some gripes

1. Why only one garrison? i am sure its for longevity of the game but it really sucks, also why can i not preorder my army in the queue so when i get enough resources the army will build the same a buildings etc.

2. Coking plants should be called Charcoal makers.

3. Why are you selling a Beta version of the game?

I am old school and much prefared to buy and play, i resent the implications that i need to buy building licences and gems to do well quiuckly in this game. I also prefared the old version of settlers where the emphasis was on getting the matrials to the right place and the logisitics that where involved, its a principle based on the old xbattle premis one which sadly has been lost in this game which is all about conquering the natives and no thought to how you would get stuff to the front line. I understand BB need to make money and this FB style of social gaming seems to be the answer but i feel BB has missed a trick not sticking to the old format. There is not a game that is like the old Settlers 1 and 2 format simplistic as it was it was engaging.

We need graphs and building reports like the old settlers games.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    1 -I have 5 garrisons. You get one per general. and you can't pre order your army because that takes away the whole point of planning out the game and checking what's happening.
    2 - charcoal is also called coke - so coking plants
    3 the game is not beta and it's still free to play. The server is now under test. The game is the full version but is still being developed to make it better.

No one needs to buy gems and there really is no need to do well quickly. You're only playing against yourself. I've spent exactly 0 gems on resources because there really is no need. if you 'choose' to build the game up fast and you 'choose' to spend gems doing it then it's your decision not BB's

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Cully View Post
    1 -I have 5 garrisons. You get one per general. and you can't pre order your army because that takes away the whole point of planning out the game and checking what's happening.
    2 - charcoal is also called coke - so coking plants
    3 the game is not beta and it's still free to play. The server is now under test. The game is the full version but is still being developed to make it better.

No one needs to buy gems and there really is no need to do well quickly. You're only playing against yourself. I've spent exactly 0 gems on resources because there really is no need. if you 'choose' to build the game up fast and you 'choose' to spend gems doing it then it's your decision not BB's
    I agree that taking time reaps better rewards, and also that by using facebook BB can advertise through its players. However, the use of certain resource finders eg the Explorer...taking 6hours for a short treasure search that only brings back minimal resources is not acceptable and moreover downright frustrating, why not throw in magical items after a specific amount of short searches (and then randomise other special goodies after which) that gives you an instantly level up potion. The majority of people who use the shorter treasure hunt are people just starting out and whilst the game has plenty of other factors that aids its addictiveness, this isn't one of them and is a major turn off.
    Futhermore, the use of gold is pretty much the barter unit of choice in the trade/marketplace, why not use that more liberally in treasure searches rather than using it just as a reward for levelling up, as I've got to say my partner and I have noticed frustratingly that you can only get gold and Xp from fighting/looting bandits
    which doesn't equal happy pandas

x o x

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    you can make gold or trade for gold - that's how I get mine now I no longer fight bandits everyday.
    The whole point of this is that it's not supposed ot be a quick fix, and rush passed the post. The planning and organising takes time. The explorers are only really used to get us a few extra freebies (which let's face it we all want) and not really to boost our resources that much. There is so much more to the game than levelling up and getting more xp.
    I like the idea of an explorer getting a 'bonus' item now and then. Not necessarily something to level you up, but maybe a super buff or something.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    well, why should BB stick to the old mold all the time- I don't mind the f2p browser games and if you dont like em, don;t play em. It is a different market than before for BB and so a good experience and new business.

From what i understand, this is to be seen as different from the stand alone setlers line of games, for which they apparently are planning a new version as well

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Charcoal is never refared to a coke, coke is cooked coal with all its tar extracted and is used in steel making. Also i meant Barracks not garrison.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    the micromanagement is so u need to log on to keep economy running and recruitment running- more logons= more chances of selling stuff ;P

World
    Northisle
    Explorers do come back with gold coins every now and then

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    It clearly says beta on the splash screens

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by eziq View Post
    It clearly says beta on the splash screens
    It says Bovril on buses, doesn't mean they sell it.

http://www.cardmine.co.uk/list23/a230580.jpg
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Reply to Thread