Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: [Dev Diary] April 2012

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Sounds like quite the list of game changes. I'm looking forward to being able to relocate my buildings, and I'm interested to see what they will impliment the new pvp system. That is often where alot of games epically fail.
    A king cannot exist witout his people, but nor can the people become anything but a community without their king.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Question on-line...off-line

I wonder if it`s possible to make the game, be playable off-line for a day or so, then put back on-line to save the days progress, or doing needed trades etc.. would be very handy for persons such as myself who spend time away from home, (*looking after things whilsy my wife shows dogs*)...sometimes without internet connection,for several hours.

World
    Newfoundland
    Hi Lordofdest,

No it's not possible to have an online/offline possibility.
    Right now the way the game works is that you log into the game and it loads some very basic information onto your screen... But all the calculations and the graphics are on our servers (not on your computer).
    In order to make it possible to play off-line we would have to code a whole new version of the game that players could install on their computer for the game to run independently from the servers.

Best,
    BB_Azariel
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Azariel View Post
    Hi Lordofdest,

No it's not possible to have an online/offline possibility.
    Right now the way the game works is that you log into the game and it loads some very basic information onto your screen... But all the calculations and the graphics are on our servers (not on your computer).
    In order to make it possible to play off-line we would have to code a whole new version of the game that players could install on their computer for the game to run independently from the servers.

Best,
    BB_Azariel
    Which would then leave the client open for hacks and cheats...
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

World
    Sandycove
    can't wait for the new Trade system

Hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rry

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    very fair comment... shame ,, but I see the point.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    awesome!

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Guild Function: Online display of members
    The online display is connected to the chat system. The plan is to provide you with a fix when the first new guild feature is implemented (guild quests).
    I would LOVE to see this bug going away... As it was when I start to play this game.

This a real BAD BUG, that stay here since months..... PLEASE CORRECT IT SOON !

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I literally dreamed that some of the modifications were through. Maybe i shouldn't play so much. I like the move building feature and really looking forward to the new trade system. good luck on making things work.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Er are we going to have to wait X amount of time when moving a building? Or we can opt to rush move with gems, seems like a move to get players buy gems. I guess they could rip zones down and start them over.