View Poll Results: What is your opinion?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like traitors and complete it 100%

24 31.17%
  • I like traitors but only take camp 5 and 6 (for xp)

16 20.78%
  • Traitors needs serious fixing/tweaking

33 42.86%
  • Meh, don't care, i'll just sell mine

3 3.90%
  • Other, see my post

1 1.30%
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Traitors is ridiculous

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Interesting to see that the people who do like it, use blocking to complete it. Personally i got bitten hard by trying to block due to lag costing me half my cav. Blocking is certainly not a designed feature however, so it kinda reinforces my point of view on this adventure. General concensus so far seems to be that this is far from the easy adventure that it is listed to be. Heck it only has 2 easy camps, all others are mediums and the mediums with cav in it are tough to say the least.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Killste View Post
    and what you think about wild mary?
    Wild Mary in sector 9 is fine; it is listed as a hard sector and hard it is. Losses are crazy on it but she certainly is a worthy endboss on your home island.

World
    Northisle
    he's not talking about wild mary boss at sector 9
    wild mary is an adventure name.

compare to any adv, clearing island was nothing compared any adv you about to do after you clear your whole island.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    this seems to be one of the cheapest adventures i have done so far but just got the last camp to do now

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    My main gripe with this adventure is that it is listed as easy as said before.

Easy means that it is geared to suit lvl26-lvl32 players, which in turn means players without access to archers, cannoneers or elite soldiers. It certainly is a lot easier to complete when you have access to those high tier troops, but look at it from a lvl 26 - lvl 32 player perspective who has been building steel swords for 2 weeks, militia and longbows for maybe 3 weeks and just lost all his cavalery by killing Wild Mary in sector 9.

The adventure is also highly imbalanced as the high number of xp only voters show. Triple the losses to complete it versus canceling it early (that is if you play up to camp 8).

Again imho. Ps. See enhanced xp only version (5060xp) here: Traitors advanced xp guide
    Last edited by Salamo_Frisbee; 30.04.12 at 17:54.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    got to agree with you but it is shown as a 4star adventure so is going to be quite hard. havent looked up guides for any more adventures after doing a couple of them now and just use the simulator now, also just turning lvl 32 i have quite a few resources at hand as havent been very lucky in getting adventures go have lots to go about once a week

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    The star rating seems right to me. Not all white adventures are the same, which is why the skull difficulty ratings exist not just the colour codes. If you think this adventure is bad go look at the casualty rates for green and blue adventures. You can get to level 32 by conquering the island and use those licences to expand your population, there's no need to make any adventure comfortable for a level 26 player.

You make the assertion that blocking is not a designed feature. If that were true there would be no need for the gem generals to complete combats faster, and BB could take that feature out in a second. The fact that they have not done so in more than a year of live play on the German servers contradicts you. Blocking is a high risk, high reward playing style that rewards the players who can do it effectively.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    at the begining i didnt like Traitors for the same reason as you dont, but now with 4 generals, blocking and veteran general, this adventure is good

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Are we talking about the same adventure here?! It is a very easy adventure but you need a lot of troops. Yes you need to plan it a little if you don't have the pop limit. I got 3 generals and pop 750 and manage to finish it in good time. Maybe the loot is not that great vs the lost units but on the other side it has high XP

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwedinho View Post
    Are we talking about the same adventure here?! It is a very easy adventure but you need a lot of troops. Yes you need to plan it a little if you don't have the pop limit. I got 3 generals and pop 750 and manage to finish it in good time. Maybe the loot is not that great vs the lost units but on the other side it has high XP
    High experience??
    I'd rather do Stealing from the Rich. 600 recruits lost and 11k experience.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Reply to Thread