Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Multi Player Adventures, How to?

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Multi Player Adventures, How to?

So I've just about figured out the tactical maps (and many thanks to all who've posted them), but a friend and I are about to embark on our first multiplayer adventure - Stealing from the Rich, and between us we are short the answers to a few questions. We're hoping you'll be able to help.

Some questions may seem a little obvious, but, as I've said, we've looked and not found

1)
    Only one of us needs to have a copy of the adventure? (pretty sure this is the case, but confirmation always good).

2)
    The map has two landing zones, but the tactical we're planning on (http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/1...omtherich2.jpg
    ) swings anti-clockwise from only one of those zones. How does this work out? Can only one of us be on the map at a time to make it work?
    Does our first general from each trip goto zone 1, and the 2nd to zone 2?
    or the first person to land, all generals go to z1, and the other person to z2 (forcing them home to revisit once the other person quits the map).
    If it's the one person per zone, can I travel there, whilst my friend travels back, or do I need to wait till they get home before I travel, and vice versa?

3)
    The only non tutorial map I've done myself so far was Horseback, on that map, moving the general to a new position didn't incur any penalties, is that the same on this map? or do traps get you every time?

4)
    If it's the 1st general to z1, 2nd to z2 from Q2 scenario, can you still swap troops between the two generals, or do they need to be close together?

5)
    Can person A's general drop troops for person B's general to pick up? (I doubt it, but in the spirt of 'the only stupid question is the one you don't ask' ).

We're working in opposite time zones pretty much, so that adds to the fun of working out what we're going to do when and with what troops

Look forward to hearing from you all,

World
    Northisle
    1. yes, 1 map, invite others
    2. You can move general to any landing zone without being interfered by bandits camp, it also applied to new area after you clear the sector.
    3. yes
    4. Troops you bring to adv is can be use by any general, don't forget to unload them first.
    5. You can't use other players troops.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks Blebekblebek.

Quote Originally Posted by Blebekblebek View Post
    1. yes, 1 map, invite others
    thought so, good to have it confirmed

2. You can move general to any landing zone without being interfered by bandits camp, it also applied to new area after you clear the sector.
    good to know.

3. yes
    is that yes to traps will get you every time? or yes to no penalties? ( )

4. Troops you bring to adv is can be use by any general, don't forget to unload them first.
    good good.

5. You can't use other players troops.
    I guess that would make this a tad too easy, but worth the ask .

A further question, relating to Q4.

If I ship a general in, dump 200 recruits, and ship the general back again to pick up some more, will the original 200 recruits still be there, or are they lost?

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer Nukar's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    3) Moving a general around has no penalty. the traps are there to intercept you when you attack. Like a normal camp. You just cant see em liek a regular camp.

4) Yes the recruits will be on your adv for your use.
    Also if you have any troops left, not asigned to a general when you finish the map they will return home, just slower.
    Nevermind I give up

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks Nukar

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Hi.
    One question.
    In multiplayer quests, how are the rewards divided? Or do both players get the full amount of rewards?
    Thanks.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    You only get xp for what you kill personally but everyone gets a full amount of the resources as long as they kill at least one enemy. This is the principle behind people selling the "loot spot" on an adventure. They are going to do all the hard work and the person who pays for the "loot spot" just has to turn up and kill something easy before the quest ends to get their reward. With friends its usually easier to wait until both have the adventure then you can complete them in turn and each invite the other to the "loot spot". Its safer to do them consecutively rather than in parallel because of the current bug that sometimes means you cannot see a shared adventure while you are running your own. Before that bug cropped up it was convenient to run them side by side.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Thanks a lot Lymond.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Another question.
    Do i have to invite a friend or can i invite anyone? And do i have to invite in the beginning of the adventure or i can invite at any time (even at the end)?

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yes, you can only invite friends, and you can invite him/her any time.
    When loot spots are sold, the invitation is usually sent at the very end of the adventure.

Reply to Thread