Reply to Thread

Thread: buying the box set

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

buying the box set

if i buy the game can i use the codes it gives you on my city i have built or do i have to start a new game to use them any help would be great thanks

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yes, if you buy the retail pack you get 5 codes you can redeem in the "my profile" page. If you already have an account it will add the gems and special items to that account. Haven't tried to install the game on my computer, only used the codes myself. So for an answer to that question maybe someone else will know better, but I don't think it will be a problem.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    thanks for your help shelob81 :-)

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    i was just wanting to use the codes as well i dont want to install the game

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think many people don't want to install the game, but I guess having a client as opposed to playing in the browser makes the game run smoother. Personally, I'm happy with the browser option, and buying gems online when I can afford to. Having the disc will just use up space at home, collecting dust.

Maybe they should just sell a card with the codes on instead, like some other online games do.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    the disc has a few wallpapers on it and basically plants a bookmark on ur desktop if u install no game to install as its browser based.. i threw my discs and boxes in the bin after i used the codes .. way to go BB on recycling front

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    the disc has a few wallpapers on it and basically plants a bookmark on ur desktop if u install no game to install as its browser based.. i threw my discs and boxes in the bin after i used the codes .. way to go BB on recycling front
    lol i wonder what the carbon footprint of the box is after all the designing, printing, packaging, delivery etc etc when all we wanted is an email-able code

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Plus the fact that they would be able to save money by having no disc or packaging, which they could then pass on to their customers by reducing the price. All I can think of, is that they use the packaging in shops to advertise the game. There will be people browsing through the games who didn't know that Settlers is now an online game too. And as Settlers is a popular series of games ( I have bought the first 4 games ), this would attract those who enjoyed the previous ones. :-)

World
    Northisle
    Yeah why cant we just get the codes the same way we purchase Gems????

2 to 5 week wait when it can all be done in a few clicks of a mouse.

World
    Sandycove
    where can I see the box set? what is it?

Reply to Thread