Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: remove wheat fields and wells from build queue

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I agree but doubt they will go for it. Despite the frustration caused by this issue being a cause of me getting somewhat disallusioned with the game. I spent money for more building licenses and having used them for more farms the extra field building actually makes the game more difficult. Having to come back to the game every three minutes is an utter pain, and making it six minutes with an increased queue isn't much better.

If leaving them out of the build queue entirely is too much how about adding 'repair fields' and 'repair wells' tasks. When added to the queue (and reach the top) they start repairing an exhausted field/well when finished they go onto the next and continue to do so until there are no more appropriate exhausted resource when they are cancelled and removed from the queue. You could put them on before going to work or sleep.

You have a problem that at the moment if you don't want to sit there for three minutes while three fields or wells are built (and lets face it, who does) you need something else to do. Another game fits the bill nicely. And then you find that actually the other game is much less of a pain to play and begin to wonder whether it's worth sticking with Settlers.

World
    Newfoundland
    There is already a premium solution to your problem. If you don't like replenishing fields and wells every day, invest in some silos and watermills.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I agree the most frustrating thing about this game is rebuilding every day and i'm sure that like some others if thats all there is to the game once youve cleared your sector apart from the odd adventure then they will lose players fast. (as im currently finding)
    However this is a developement game at the minute and by stacking the build queues as they have it becomes all about money and buying gems. I dont buy gems and dont spend every hour building stuff either, as ive got other things to do, but do feel that wheat and water are 2 elements of the game the developers could be more relaxed about.
    How much would they really lose if they allowed multi field/well build?

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I spent £40 on gems (more fool me!) and is there really any point in upgrading mines ? I find it easier to tear them down before they are exhausted, get my licence back and search for more deposits and then just build a new one. I won't be buying any more gems because to me the game is just becoming dull ! Just an opinion

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    mr_ricky - you doing it wrong. Point of upgrading mines - is to get more resources with friends buffs and by refilling(mostly gold mines) mines with gems.

Sable - What you doing if you have "need to be in the game every three minutes"? Do some Planing in first place.

To those who who whine about wells and wheat fields - just move your ass and do some calculation. If you are working(if not, why complaining?) - just put more than enough wells and wheat fields(or Level 2), and when you come from work you still find some of them. For wells you need just settlers and for wheat fields just more empty place.

TSO is economical and strategical simulator. So if you do dumb decisions - you are at fault, not someone else

If this game so difficult for adults/kids whose is whining - remember: TSO is not FPS and you must take care of your island similar like you care for your home(if you not care for your home or even your own room - then you have a problem)

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Sounds like a good idea, and for all those saying buy silos for fields, I dont have the room for 70+ and the price is too high even if I did

Reply to Thread