View Poll Results: Would you consider "geologist report in mail" useful?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

85 78.70%
  • no

15 13.89%
  • maybe...

8 7.41%
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Geologist resources findings report in mail

World
    Newfoundland
    They do say that truth hurts the most, but the lazy are getting lazier.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer Nukar's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    LoL yes they are.
    To bad for them this game doesnt have lvl rewards for improved lazyness
    Nevermind I give up

crysman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nukar View Post
    Dont need more spam sorry.
    The map is small and every deposit is on a set location. So i do not see any vallue in this solution.

granted it will make it easier for new players, but ythey can find the resource location maps on forum. So for me thats not a valid argument.
    THIS map might be small... but what in case of another maps in full version? We are talking about general solutions, general game concept, not a particular map's problem... Seeing it this way is kind of short sighted.
    Why should I leave the game window and go to a forum to check a map? That is much more comlicated than just check an in-game mail.

The game itself is already capable of reporting events to in-game mail (e.g. battle report) - so it would be only a little work for developers to add this feature.

I do not understand why are you so against... But OK, it's you oppinion.

#crysman

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer Nukar's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Crysman,

I am sorry but what full version are you expecting? the server indeed is beta, but the game has been around in US and German verions for a long time. Dont expect the map to get bigger then it is now. Not for a very long time anyway.

So yes i prefer more usefull features then devs time wasted on mailspam.
    Nevermind I give up

crysman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nukar View Post
    Crysman,

I am sorry but what full version are you expecting? the server indeed is beta, but the game has been around in US and German verions for a long time. Dont expect the map to get bigger then it is now. Not for a very long time anyway.

So yes i prefer more usefull features then devs time wasted on mailspam.
    Look, I am a programmer. Speaking about "time wasting" is a bit misleading. As I wrote before, the in-game e-mail reporting mechanism is already implemented and working in the game engine. Assign a geologist finding result into the mechanism of reporting should be as easy as to fix a minor bug...

The same with "hyperlink to location" - it is already implemented and working.

I do not know how many in-game e-mails are YOU receiving, but I am receiving almost none. Just Explorer's findings and battle results. That is all. Talking about "spam" am I considering misleading as well, sorry (unless you prove receiving a heap of in-game e-mails...)

cheers
    #crysman
    Last edited by crysman; 11.05.12 at 18:24. Reason: gramatical mistake

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    nah, the island is too small for it to be an issue, however, there should be an option to bitch slap the geologist for failing to find a mine, an ever increasing problem i see happening when i send them out looking for copper and iron mines.

World
    Newfoundland
    Your Geologist is only failing to find a fresh source because you already have the maximum allowed of that resource. Don't blame the geologist, blame yourself.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierarzt View Post
    Your Geologist is only failing to find a fresh source because you already have the maximum allowed of that resource. Don't blame the geologist, blame yourself.
    i've come to realise there is always, 1 iron mine, 1 stone deposit & 1 marble deposit that cannot be mined while all the others are actively being mined, out of 17 iron mines i have only ever been able to mine 16 at once, and i do mine them all at once, except for that one mine.

yet over the last two weeks i have noticed that my geo's are consistently failing to find deposits.

if i then send out a geo to find a mine that i know is available,and it fails i can't be blamed, nor can i plan.

World
    Newfoundland
    Geologists NEVER fail if there is a resource available to find.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    this would be a nice feature to new players, but once you have played for a while it would just become annoying.

Maybe they need a "notification by mail" option menu somewhere so you toggle which things you want to be alerted about, eg:

geo finds something
    combat happened (you won)
    combat happened (you lost)
    combat happened (intercepted)
    someone buffed X
    scout found treasure/adventure X

Reply to Thread