View Poll Results: Would you consider "geologist report in mail" useful?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

85 78.70%
  • no

15 13.89%
  • maybe...

8 7.41%
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Geologist resources findings report in mail

World
    Newfoundland
    If you need to search for a new Iron mine you send out the geo and then go to bed.
    You then wake up in the morning and one of the first things you will check is to see if another Iron mine has collapsed. When you do you will see the other mines by searching all over the map. Not to sure what the problem is here. Searching all over the map is a good thing anyways as it would highlight if another mine needs attention, and like has been said there is only a few certain areas to look at.

That said I have sent out geos and had them report they couldn’t find a new mine yet I can clearly see 3 collapsed mines on my screen. So I think there might need to be some bug fixing rather then mail spam implementation.

I think I understand why it would be nice to have the mail spam, so you know when your logged off if your geo bugged out or not. But I think the thing that needs to be done is for the geo not to bug out rather then have the mail get sent.

That all said the more information we have at our disposable is always better then having less. I do think though that the dev’s should focus on giving us a game to play first rather then worrying about if our geo’s report there findings to us.

Perhaps a much more important feature to implement is a detailed log of all actions on our account. A bit like the news tab only with like actually useful information in it that is permanently stored and shows all what you did for the last 7 days. This would be much more useful I feel over all then just focusing on geo reports.
    A little less compensation, a little more action please
    All this compensation ain't satisfactioning me
    A little more content and a little less bugged
    A little less inconvenient and a little more hugged
    Re-do PvP so its actually PvP and bluebyte satisfy me.
    Satisfy me bluebyte.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Mail is quite good idea, other way would be nice click able hyper-link in news tab (chat section) for deposits which got found and to add to the idea, exhausted fields/wells/mines could be click-able same way as short notification which are displayed next to avatar, would help a lot Tbh, think more things could be added there, at the moment news tab is quite unreadable and unpleasant to the eye specially when many things appear same time or you are trying to find something after a while.

Regards
    Greg

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    i would utterly and possitively hate more e-mail spam from the game for all kinds of functions and would like to see options to turn off the spam- i mean, if i am buffing someone and theya re buffing me.... i dont really want to see 25 or 50 e mails that i need to click off every time and i don't really want to wait for them to finish buffing and then i take turns or vice versa

basically, i don't want continuous reminders of what i have done or the result of these actions. Optional- sure, game enforced hell no.

i really dont need another 25 emails a day telling me i found mine type x y or z, i can see that easy enough

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    the quantity of resourses found is out of balance with in game requirements... the marble level is far too low.. as a key item it should be the same as coal from coal mines..

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I like the idea of an optional email report. There are a couple of posts here that suggest making other email notifications optional would also please some.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotugo View Post
    this would be a nice feature to new players, but once you have played for a while it would just become annoying.

Maybe they need a "notification by mail" option menu somewhere so you toggle which things you want to be alerted about, eg:

geo finds something
    combat happened (you won)
    combat happened (you lost)
    combat happened (intercepted)
    someone buffed X
    scout found treasure/adventure X
    A good idea. You will have to recieve the "scout found treasure/adventure X" messages, though, and the same with battle loot messages, as the reward is accepted through these. Otherwise the devs would have to change that as well, and I see no reason for that really.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dopey View Post
    That said I have sent out geos and had them report they couldn’t find a new mine yet I can clearly see 3 collapsed mines on my screen. So I think there might need to be some bug fixing rather then mail spam implementation.
    This might be coz the mines collapsed after the geologist had finished searching for the deposit ....this assuming that u sent out an explorer , slept and then got up in the morning and saw what u saw :P

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    As an optional addition to the game i can see this idea being good as not everyone who plays this game goes straight to bed when they log off or gets online the moment they wake some of us have children to care for and as such may be a little forgetful as to what the last thing we did or where we did it when we logged of last so a reminder stating where said resources were found would be a nice idea....but this idea would only be good if it was optional to players... those that have been playing for a while may not want or need this addition so it would be important not to put out those people for the sake of newer and less experienced players...

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierarzt View Post
    You knew which mines were exhausted before you even sent the geologist, that's why you sent him in the first place! It doesn't take a genious to work out where to check first.

There are only a limited number of mines over the whole island. If you sent your geologist to find (for example) coal, you'd know which two areas to check without scrolling all over the map. Same thing applies to all the other mines.

The lazy are getting lazier every day.

Great suggestion and i dont see any reason to say it like that. If i m unable to login and check situation, due my job, it would help for quick peek. If u are in situation that you can hour after hour sit in a front of your computer and stare in a game, then it looks like you gonna be lazy in a near future or you alredy are! Right?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    if i get spammed by the game any more than already happens when not on main island i would just chuck it in, i really dont want to sit and delete useless junk every time i log in or have the mailbox filled so i dont see the stuff i need to see in it anymore

i agree with the notion that the island is small enough to KNOW where the mines/quarries are and you can see it quicker by doing a once over the island than you can do it by reading 6 individual mail messages.

takes me like 30 seconds to see what my explorers have to do and what fields/wells to rebuild- would take a lot longer clicking through mailspam

Reply to Thread