View Poll Results: Would you consider "geologist report in mail" useful?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

85 78.70%
  • no

15 13.89%
  • maybe...

8 7.41%
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Geologist resources findings report in mail

crysman

Geologist resources findings report in mail

Hello,

Since to find a new resource with a geologist takes a huge amount of time (hours in case of more advanced resources), I would highly appreciate if a report could be delivered via in-game mail.

Because when I log-in the next day, it is very uncomfortable to scroll all over the map to check if something had (not) been foud... Frustrating

Report should be like:
    1. "not found "
    2. "found here" (clickable "hyperlink" - like in case of other ingame notifications...)

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    I agree!

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by crysman View Post
    Hello,

Since to find a new resource with a geologist takes a huge amount of time (hours in case of more advanced resources), I would highly appreciate if a report could be delivered via in-game mail.

Because when I log-in the next day, it is very uncomfortable to scroll all over the map to check if something had (not) been foud... Frustrating

Report should be like:
    1. "not found "
    2. "found here" (clickable "hyperlink" - like in case of other ingame notifications...)
    good idea

World
    Newfoundland
    You knew which mines were exhausted before you even sent the geologist, that's why you sent him in the first place! It doesn't take a genious to work out where to check first.

There are only a limited number of mines over the whole island. If you sent your geologist to find (for example) coal, you'd know which two areas to check without scrolling all over the map. Same thing applies to all the other mines.

The lazy are getting lazier every day.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierarzt View Post
    You knew which mines were exhausted before you even sent the geologist, that's why you sent him in the first place! It doesn't take a genious to work out where to check first.

There are only a limited number of mines over the whole island. If you sent your geologist to find (for example) coal, you'd know which two areas to check without scrolling all over the map. Same thing applies to all the other mines.

...and the trolls just keep trolling!

Get over it and make a useful contribution with your post or do not post at all...Food for troll...

crysman

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Tierarzt View Post

I think it is not about laziness at all...
    1. One might not know that mines are "replenishing" in the same place all the time. You know that only as an experienced player. And nobody says this behavior could not be changed by developers in the future.
    2. If you are searching for a new resource (for the first time), your genious strategy does not work either - there is no "exhausted mine"

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer Nukar's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Dont need more spam sorry.
    The map is small and every deposit is on a set location. So i do not see any vallue in this solution.

granted it will make it easier for new players, but ythey can find the resource location maps on forum. So for me thats not a valid argument.
    Nevermind I give up

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Nukar View Post
    The map is small and every deposit is on a set location. So i do not see any vallue in this solution.

granted it will make it easier for new players, but ythey can find the resource location maps on forum. So for me thats not a valid argument.
    This. /Thread

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Nukar View Post

You're not allowed to disagree or they call you a troll.. see above.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer Nukar's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Nah Tierarzt, thats your personal honorary title .... or maybe you should avoid stuf like
    Nevermind I give up

Reply to Thread