Reply to Thread

Thread: parrot bug and effects on economy

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland

parrot bug and effects on economy

nt
    Last edited by Qualan; 07.09.12 at 21:11.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    i have to agree i seen one guy with 16k ore in each of his 8 mines i struggle to keep my 2 above a couple k if that ... it does give a massive advantage of thoses who do use the exploit also seen many players asking to buy anything from a couple to 20 plus parrots in one go as you said they can afford to pay 200-300 coins for a parrot if there gonna use it and resell afterwards

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Well if you see this happening, do as BB ask and report them. I haven't seen any behaviour like that but it would certainly explain why the price of parrots have been rising.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Sure has gotten out of control lately when people realised BB claims of ban upon use was only scare tactics

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    I have written a lengthy post about this around 6 weeks ago, with detailed information on the impact on the economy. It got deleted within 24 hours. Prior to making that post I wrote a very clear and honest report to BB people (thanks to help from a mod) to explain the widespread use of this bug, and it's massive consequences. I was thanked for making it public, yet so far I have seen ZERO attempts to fix this.

To see other players wealth grow faster and faster by exploiting this is quite frustrating to say the least. Proper game companies would have fixed this issue within a week, since it is the biggest and most problematic "get rich quick" scheme you can imagine. But here we are almost two months later, and nothing changed.

The only thing that happens is that posts like this get removed by moderators because they feel that "security through obscurity" is the way to go. Too late BB, thousands of people know about this cheat already and keep on enjoying the profits while others are left behind. I'm a bit tired of that.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    nt
    Last edited by Qualan; 07.09.12 at 21:11.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    I did not mention any details to the exploit's use, yet it got removed anyways. Would not be so sure.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    its not hard to work out as the exploit goes way beyond just gold but they cant catch them doing it and some are so obvious its laughable ..but its like other things ie the auto trader by xxxxx thats banned yet loads on trade channel use it specially in the xxx nothing happens to anyone breaking the rules so it seems ..either ppl should be dealt with or all should be allowed to do it as it allows too much of a unfair advantage over them playing by the rules

World
    Northisle
    with this or not, economy is already mess up anyway.
    there are too much resource already and people don't want/need to buy it any longer.

instead of parrot (bugged or not) I blame building license being sold with money.
    yes you can throw money for your problems, but it also create more problems for long term, and now it is the time.

fingon2
    Nobody said the obvious thing.
    Why BB doesn't fix the bug instantly?
    Because parrots price will go down, gem players will get even half of what they get now for parrots,so they will consider twice before spending gems to acquire gold.
    Fewer gems, less money spent.
    In every web based game, the same old story...
    Last edited by fingon2; 13.05.12 at 20:59.

Reply to Thread