Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Golden Parrots and the Gold Industry

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnahen View Post
    Mystic, Dont tell me what i said is nonsence, because the trade sheet has never been responding to "supply and demand" but more what is fitting them best.

People are using the trade sheet like a bibel, prices are not controlled by supply and demand, but more on the prices that they want them to be fixed at.
    Gah, I wish this was true, I would be so rich

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    To be brutally honest, if you don't buy any gems then you are just a drain on BlueByte's income from the game, which we all rely on for them to keep it open. If you get to tinker with your island daily and play one adventure a week at absolutely no cost, and make any gc profit selling your goods or manufacturing gold then you should be happy.

How often you can play an adventure or upgrade a building has no affect on anyone else in the game so it really doesn't matter if gem buyers (as if there is any such thing as a standard-size gem buyer) are disproportionately advantaged. They're paying for their extra fun. Parrots are no different to any other gem item in this regard.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Lymond, i agree 100% that people that buy gems are needed for this game to keep running. I have bought gems myself and I will more than likely buy gems in the future. However the % return of the gold industry I have highlighted in this thread, when considering people that buy gems vs people that don't buy gems I feel is too high.

BB will no doubt introduce new items/buildings as them game progresses to keep the $ coming in, which they should. But I think the advantage that you gain from being in a position to buy golden parrots is too great atm, and remember this is coming from a player that buys gems himself. People are entitled to their own opinions, but when % gain advantage exceeds 50% I think the given item (in this case golden parrots) is too powerful.

What I have not offered in this thread is a possible solution. I feel an increase in the base figure of a gold deposit would help a lot. Currently it stands at 300, maybe an increase to 400 would help close the gap to people that buy golden parrots with their own money sufficiently. This would mean that people that buy gems still have an advantage, as they should, but would close what you have to admit is a pretty sizable gap as it stands.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    gems are absolutely not needed. However, if there are no gem(item) sellers you would have a completely different economy, with some items being at least double the price they are now. It is all perspective. Gems make it easier/quicker to run with less bottlenecks- which is exactly as intended as they need to put incentives in game to buy the gems in the first place

i have no issue with it- as f2p doesn;t equate charity. It all needs to be paid for and our friendly neighborhood gembuyer is the one doing the paying

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Mystic, Dont tell me what i said is nonsence, because the trade sheet has never been responding to "supply and demand" but more what is fitting them best.

People are using the trade sheet like a bibel, prices are not controlled by supply and demand, but more on the prices that they want them to be fixed at.

I 'd say it is close to slander what you are saying. The price sheet is being maintained as best as the keepers can based on info feedback- take it as a guideline and not a bible- we already had experience with that concept and it was flawed.

Anyway- priceless that you should make the remark. You are the one selling parrots at such a price that it is economically more profitable and viable to make your own mine instead of buying the parrot. The times people point that out to you has nothing to do with the pricesheet though- just with simple maths of gold production, of which a variety of posts have been made on this board

World
    Newfoundland
    as my own calculations all ready showed me, it is still profitable with buying parraots, even at 250.

Second thing, all prices are controlled by a single trade sheet owned by one guild. Because of trade sheet we dont have afree market. Also effect the prices on coal for gold production.
    What a load of rubbish!
    Trade is, and always will be, based on supply and demand. No one guild can control the market in the fashion that you dream of.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

Now changing the market price for a fee! 100c per 1c price change up or down on YOUR favourite goods, message me for value deals!
    Check out the goods and adventure price sheet by FWB

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierarzt View Post
    What a load of rubbish!
    Trade is, and always will be, based on supply and demand. No one guild can control the market in the fashion that you dream of.
    That depends on how smart players are, and how many of them blindly follow various guides/calculators.

Quote Originally Posted by stalk View Post
    Now changing the market price for a fee! 100c per 1c price change up or down on YOUR favourite goods, message me for value deals!
    Not rly needed. At least for lowering price for buying. I think if you ask a friend to put at offer with low price for a good you want and wait for some time it may happen that there will appear ppl who will try to compete with him eventually dropping the price. Btw your friend can just keep resources for 8 hours or maybe cancel offers. And with more friends this can be even more effective. (Not: Never tried, but I guess this might work atleast on some more common goods.)

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well maybe i should get back in the parrot business!

Only one thing i dont agree in all these *goldmine* mathematics! Everyone is calling out not to forget the costs of buffing and the coal i will state it here again:

*With or without a parrot those costs are the same!* the only thing you pay for is the parrot giving you gold ore (at high speed/ level 5 mines)! The question is are you willing to pay for this... and if so... what are you willing to pay for this!

A other funny part is that approx. a month ago i was called expensive selling at a fixed 200c a parrot (to everyone) now all of a sudden 200c is a bargain! ;-)

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Sooo it seems its already beneficial to make coins yourself if you can buff your industry and get your coal. Why? Well... Current price (per stack) marble 10GCs, HWP 10GCs, tools 14 GCs so 1 gold mine = 1400/400*10 + 1400/400*10 + 1500/400*14 = 122,5 GCs for 300GCs if everything is buffed. (I didn't add buff/coal price, so actual profit fill be lower, but still...) Well I guess if the prices will keep dropping Parrots soon may become a history...

Reply to Thread