Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trade System not much fair

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

Cool Trade System not much fair

I just found a failure in the Trade system.
    When you post an offer to exchange, you only suggests an exchange.
    When someone responds to this offer, put his available resources at the mercy of the goodwill of the other player to accept or cancel the offer.
    If someone want to hold for pure evil its resources it can do so indefinitely.

It would be safer, that when you send a request to trade, their resources become temporarily trapped, like say the other player has one hour to respond to that trade, otherwise it will be canceled automatically, and no one runs the risk of losing something

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    ran into this with people going offline. coulda used resources on other trades but they were locked up.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartiatis View Post
    It would be safer, that when you send a request to trade, their resources become temporarily trapped, like say the other player has one hour to respond to that trade, otherwise it will be canceled automatically, and no one runs the risk of losing something
    A similar system is already in place. The time limit is eight hours.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierarzt View Post
    A similar system is already in place. The time limit is eight hours.
    8h ??
    I dont think this is fair, what kind of people set up a trade, and goes offline? And we have to wait 8h to get back our resources? (well at least they are not lost :P)

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    I agree the trading system is pretty broken with this. IMO the trading should be real-time, not going offline knowing you will get the goods once someone accepted the trade.
    I think the main issue with this is that there's a severe lag on the offer. If I put an offer on, it says it will stay on for 10 mins but most of the time I still get offers/accepts on that 40-50 minutes later. I think this is why so many traders dont respond anymore; not everyone is still on after those 10 minutes.
    I think fixing the 'lag' on the trading platform (i.e. making the trade list update automaticly once someone opens the trading tab) would prefend a lot of annoyance. After those 10 minutes of the trade are over, it should remove the offer for everone; not just when they click the update button.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    they should adopt the WoW auction housing system.

What you want to sell goes right out of your inventory into a (always online) storage center, and when it is sold it is being given directly to the person buying it.

You'd be getting rid of that ten minute limit also.

In fact, a lot of stuff would be a lot better; too much to list.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    yeah guys this is being changed.

there are plenty of bugs and tricks to this trade system.

the worst one is people playing 'middle man' - put offer up to buy horses at 10g > get a couple of offers and sit on them in mailbox > put another trade up to sell horses at 15g > get a couple of offers > accept the original deals and accept the later deals = instant profit for no outlay bar time

I see names of people doing it all the time, kinda lame - its not an exploit, just a clever trick to inflate prices / screw peoples stocks.

Good news is that a new system is being made and implemented, hopefully this wont allow people to 'sit' on trades in their mail box and will auto accept / decline at the time of trades sent/recieved

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    I some times put up a trade and go offline But mostly at work where I only have 5-10 minute break/hour, so put up trade and accept offers next break 1hour later

But I too find that 8hrs are too long. - or alternativly, you should be able to cancel a trade request - if the seller are too slow, you just take your resources back and try someone else...

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    a cancel of trade would be better.. i dont mind waiting within reasonable time limit but no-one should have resourses locked for 8 hrs. 30 mins should be about max.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Interesting posts - first about times - many people do not click update to refresh to ensure that current offers only are on display only, this means the offer could have actually expired sometime previously - if you check the names of people making late offers - they are often people who traded with you for the same items earlier. I'm usually online for the 10 minute offer, but after that hard luck - oh and some people have 1 lot to sell and don't clear the offer when they have sold it, that definitly isn't nice.

Am intrigued by the comment that some people have more than 1 trade posted in the trade tab, these should be reported as that is a cheat - you are only (at time of writing this) allowed 1 item at a time in trade, hence the use of global-3 which allows you to trade almost anything

Reply to Thread