Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Gem prices

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by ErniB View Post
    but if there is a market for these kinds of things then it is unlikely they are going to reduce the price.
    Exactly - instead of voting with your voice, vote with your wallet & don't buy them ... Of course, gettting everyone to actually stop spending money on this sort of thing is difficult, if not impossible & they know this.

But ... if everyone were to stop buying them, they would have little option but to drop the prices.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    just out of curiosty i check all severs forums for info on the game the german oines and the american ones .. i was alittle amused to see how much better the american server gets value wise on gems.. for me its £99 for 28k gems on the american server its $99 for 24k gems plus i seems they have had a few special bonus buys where they get double for said price 48k gems for 99 bucks.. would be nice to get that double bonus here.. some will argue whats it matter what they pay it doesnt i guess but they pay the same cost gem wise for stuff we do and therefore get more bang for their buck.

Stoof
    The pricing of some things do seem a bit out there, but I have no experience with this type of game before. Am I right in thinking that the only real essential purchases are the building licences?

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    just out of curiosty i check all severs forums for info on the game the german oines and the american ones .. i was alittle amused to see how much better the american server gets value wise on gems.. for me its £99 for 28k gems on the american server its $99 for 24k gems plus i seems they have had a few special bonus buys where they get double for said price 48k gems for 99 bucks.. would be nice to get that double bonus here.. some will argue whats it matter what they pay it doesnt i guess but they pay the same cost gem wise for stuff we do and therefore get more bang for their buck.
    OMG! Why is BB exploiting UK citizens so much?

I agree that Gem prices are far too expensive - nobody who is still at school/in education/unemployed will be able to afford to buy Gems.

The high price means that only the wealthy can afford to get the benefits

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    With online games, I am usually thinking what they are worth to play. This game as an offline game, I'd say 25 EUR, since it doesn't really compete with settler1-7. Since it is online, and the Publisher has maintenance costs, I'd say - well, I am not really experienced here, but I'd say 5 to 10 EUR per month.

I have bought the 24.99 EUR gem package when a 50% bonus was given. There are still 750 gems in my account. Yet three month are over, and it is about time to reassure the good developers that I appreciate their work - only, there are very few sane things to buy :-(

I had 4 or 5 building licenses, all what needed, since copper is my limiting factor anyway. A fast explorer and a fast geologist. And I have bought my way through to the Easter general. A second fast geologist maybe. Of course, I would buy the extended build queue. But only when it would come at a sensible price. I am not going to watch daily and think "look, this is my super build queue, I have payed much for it" ;-)

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I agree that prices are very badly thought in this game, there is no point of buying anything except you don't mind spending 40$ every single day, but i do appreciate the work of designers and developers so i spent couple of bux just because of that

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I've bought gems for €10 for this game, and it is the only thing i will pay with the current prices. I've played other F2P games (World Of Tanks, Age Of Empires Online, BattleField: Play4Free to name a few) and I've spent a lot more money on them. And the only reason is that the payment elements are truly micro. For instance the +1 building queue cost same as a few months AAA games.

Just see how much money quite a few developers make on the App store, where the games sell for 0.7€ or similar.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Getting 2500 with the box, is anything really worth investing in other than building licences?

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoof View Post
    Getting 2500 with the box, is anything really worth investing in other than building licences?
    Some may argue differently but having used them on other things as well (silos/watermills) I don't believe so.

2,500 gems don't give you enough to buy the 'useful' buildings in any quantity to make much of a difference, with the possible exception of the Watermill. Then again, all you are saving by getting the silo/watermill is freely available reosurces & a bit of hassle having to rebuild them anyway.

The recycler is a possibly different matter, as it apparently uses the leftover wood processed by the bowmaker, cutters, etc. The problem here is the building itself is too expensive.

Of course, if you get hold of multiple boxes, it's a completely different arguement

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I may look at getting 2 more boxes as I don't see a point using a silo on it's own. I see 3 with a single field as a minimum though please do tell me if a different number may be economic. I was looking at the jolly geologist as well, seems like it's reasonable.

Reply to Thread