Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Guilds,Inside info

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    There are many guilds of all sizes who don't charge an entry fee - from the very largest down to the very smallest.

You are right to say check out guilds as all are different. Fortunately players have the opportunity to leave guilds, just as guilds have the opportunity to kick players out.

Personally I think that no guild is worth paying 400gc to join and I also think that guilds should be restricted to smaller numbers, to prevent the "entry fee" and to help guildies get to know one another.

I would certainly not stand in the way of a guildie wanting to leave (not that I could stop them!) and would wish them well in their new guild

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Guilds charging the entry fee of any price is to offset the charge of buying a membership certificate from the Gems trader.
    Which is fair practise, as is fair friendly buffing , helping newbies to get a friendly leg up with some free donated goods.
    Which BB made it a part of the game to get friendly groups of players to join and have Settling fun.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    For New Players asking me if they can join my guild, that's the task of my Guild Leader. This is the same as with other Guilds.
    Best to type an introductory in game email and explain about yourself and what your wants and aims are for joining a guild.
    Last edited by DianeClark; 25.06.12 at 05:54.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Guilds for New to higher level players.
    There are still plenty of players playing with out any Guild Bracket letters before their names.
    So unless its your whim or just that you want to belong, Guild joining isn't vital in playing this Settlers game.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Why do I need to join a Guild? I can't see any flags, trading, islands or anything more in joing a Guild than I do in having friends? 400 Gold or 485 Gems to join them ? Can't see the point. Perhaps someone will enlighten me and post about the benefits and/or future plans of Guilds in the game?

Much appreciated!

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by TangSoo View Post
    Why do I need to join a Guild? I can't see any flags, trading, islands or anything more in joing a Guild than I do in having friends? 400 Gold or 485 Gems to join them ? Can't see the point. Perhaps someone will enlighten me and post about the benefits and/or future plans of Guilds in the game?

Much appreciated!
    Guild quest system: first the weekly Guild quests (approx. Aug), more daily guild quest features will follow afterwards

See Dev diary for more details
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    guild entry fees are a method for players to mitigate the cost of the guildhall or extra certificates. Both will cost (near enough) the same per license/member. New guilds try to spread this cost around somewhat by charging the fee. Many older guilds wont as they have open slots from people that left. So fee is basically dependant on guildleaders pockets/greed/generosity and age of guild/availability of slots

Main advantages are
    1) Small group of people with a common purpose so easier to arrange things like buffing
    2) Usually help for no fee/small fee by guildmembers
    3) In many guilds there are gem buyers that will only sell em within guild or sell with priority in guild or at a discount
    4) guildquest rewards (coming to an island near you soon ™)
    5) future pvp, not coming to any island anytime soon :P

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    i want to join a guild i am at lv 23, can somone please invite

Reply to Thread