Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Guilds,Inside info

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Guilds,Inside info

Guilds in this TSO Settlers game, is a great way to advance from being a newbie to a sucessfull player.

Some tips though that should be heeded is as follows,
    DONT rush in to join the 1st guild that wants you.
    Take your time and chat to other players beginners like your self, then chat to other friendly players with a Brackets before their names.
    This means that they are already Guild members. This will give you some modicum of help full knowledge of what their guild is like
    and if they are suitable and looking for new guild members.
    Then maybe chat to another member of their guild with the same brackets Letters.
    This then can be the 1st step in finding a suitable friendly/helpful Guild.
    Friendly Guilds offer cheap trading even some aid new players with free stacks of what they need to help them develop their island map.
    Friendly buffing is also common for that well needed production boost. Helping with daily quests is an added bonus
    Guilds cost an entry fee which at an early level isnt cheap, some guilds offer a lower guild entry fee if your suitable and have written a good
    Guild joining email about yourself and your playing aims and wants.

Some guilds DON'T operate like this, some just want to take your entry fee; then decide where your goods should go and who in the guild
    should get them.
    This is a FREE online browser playing Game, Made and structured for people to enjoy their playing. Without having a few Guild Leaders
    directing new guild members into parting with their hard earn't goods for their own pleasure.
    Although at the start 400gc isn't cheap for a Guilds entry fee. Remaining in such a guild is both unfair and costly.
    ALL New unhappy guild members have the choice to click the guild leave button and to unfriend the guild players causing you trouble.
    Searching for a New Friendly Guild is recommended.

Remember take your time in this Guild joining decision,do some chatting and then make your decision. Any Player can open a guild and operate it
    how they want it to run so take care.
    Last edited by DianeClark; 19.05.12 at 00:15.

World
    Newfoundland
    Guilds in this TSO Settlers game, is a great way to advance from being a newbie to a sucessfull player.
    Even an un-guilded player can be a succesful player.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    How many members can conform a new guild? if i construct it?

World
    Newfoundland
    There are 15 free seats in the guild house. Additional seats require a member certificate from the trader at 400 gold each.
    Maximum of 100 members per guild.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Guilds, inside info, the perils that lie beneath

Congatulations Diane on some excellent advice.

The Guild system is, or should be, the backbone of any multiplayer gaming environment. Sadly there are people who feel it necessary to lie, cheat, steal, bully, cajole, threaten or abuse other players, even in an envronment as innocuous and relatively insignificant as a computer game.

We do ourselves and our children no favours if we allow such crooks and parasites to succeed. In TSO, unfortunately, because the free migration of players is severely, and, at 400 gold a time, expensively restricted, an environment has been provided which actually encourages and aids the worst elements in society not just to survive but to prosper. Not an image I want my children to be exposed to at all. More damaging to the mind of a young person than violent action, where only pixels get hurt, more corrosive than the odd lapse into bad language. The guild system created by TSO is both corrupt and corrupting and needs looking into as a matter of urgency.

Having been a Guild leader and officer for a number of years in other games I fully understand and appreciate the added value being a member of a good Guild adds to any gaming environment.

A good guild is led by a player who understands that he is responsible to his members, not they to him. He is not the 'Boss'. His only powers should be the power to add new members or remove unwanted or unwelcome members. And both should be exercised with care and discretion. The Officers, when appointed, share the same powers only, should be equally answerable to members and open and honest in all their dealings.

Over and above that both leaders and officers should take an active interest in every one of their members, offering advice, information, guidance and assistance where required, asking nothing in return. By that I do not mean material assistance necessarily. I have seen guilds in TSO where players are expected to give produce to other players when they say they need it, expecting others to do the same for them when they have needs. All very altruistic, I'm sure. But such generosity of spirit attracts parasites like flies to a honey jar. By all means, if you have surplus goods, offer them to guild members first at a fair, perhaps even discounted, value. Equally if you need something ask your guildies if they have it, can spare it, and be prepared to offer something fair in return.

Above all else every member should enjoy the right to speak freely and openly about any issue within the guild. Leaders and Officers should be equally open and honest with members. No individual should be banished from a guild without notice or consultation. Both the individual and the other members should always know the reasons why and be free to express an opinion.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Server
    Newfoundland
    Guilds, inside info, the perils that lie beneath.

To those above many thanks for your replies. This only strengthens the point of TAKING your time in playing TSO Settlers,
    NEW players don't have to join a guild. Its of a Great benefit when you do and find the correct Guild for you.
    Remember your, your OWN Boss ALL decisions are made by you.
    oh do help yourself to the best advice any BB member , TSO Mod, and Guild helper in help channel will tell you.
    it will save you TIME; MISTAKES; and your own real MONEY. click the cog and triangle for forums,
    Forums on this game have been out since NOV 2011, they have been tried tested and they work.
    SO give yourself some free honest workable advice READ FORUM topics!!!

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Just a small footnote to my earlier comments......The guild tab lets you see details of the membership of each Guild. It also purports to tell you what the Guild rules and alleged purpose is. Looking at the list of members is also instructive. One Guild I noticed calls it's Officers 'Bosses' and 'Foremen'. No doubt who you will be working for if you join that one. It will not be you!

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    i want to join a guild send me a invitation

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    lv 20 want to join a guild

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have made this comment elsewhere so apologies if you havealready seen it. I do not believe for one second that Blue Byte ever intended the 400 Gold fee for extra Guild places to become a 'joining fee' for new members. It is a fee for a place at the Guild table not for the body sitting at it. If I invite someone to my table I don't expect them to buy or even to bring a chair to sit on......and I certainly would not expect to keep it when the guest left.

Reply to Thread