Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Economy fix

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    AI buying is an excellent idea. It is a tool that could be used to stabilize every server's economy. You could even take it a step further and implement AI selling if there was a given item that was in short supply. Without AI trading I fear the upcoming 'auction house' as I would call it (sorry that name is embedded in me from other games!) will only make the current economy problems worse. As it stands, we can only really trade when we are online and actively trying to trade, and yet the prices for almost all resources are in free fall. An auction house will mean a much larger share of the active server base will be trying to sell their resources at the same time. With no demand for these resources, new postings will undercut the current lowest auction house posting and so on. Prices will hit rock bottom within 48 hours of any auction house going live.

AI buying/selling is not a solution though, it is a tool to maintain a healthy economy rather than a means to create one. My suggestion of a weekly adventure is another example of this. BB really need to address the fact that a server closed to new players is an economy killer and find a way to prevent this. I also hope that there is not a plan in place to open up server migration for $$ only. I have played games where this has happened, with people stuck on dead servers and the vast majority will either play less frequently or quit all together.

I would rather see a system where in active accounts are frozen, so freeing up space for new players to join the given server (basically allowing a server to be reopened to new players). Frozen accounts can be reactivated by the player registered to the account, and if their original server is full, they are automatically relocated to the most suitable sever for their level.
    Last edited by Keaneoo; 19.05.12 at 12:34.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Hmm I will add smae stuff I told in few posts before.... Temporariy buildings like towers/walls adn mobile NPC in advenures that you would want to build them. This could drain atleast wood/stones from the market. BTW idea of damaging buildings is not that bad. Why else thay have health bars then? But don't change the idea that "other players wount be able to attack your island". If you would change it then posible it would be a last deadly blow for TSO. Esspecially with "ppl who are hardly able to get enough gold for upgrades" vs "ppl with already maxed buildings". (BTW this reason can result in a possibility that players will ignore ppl at all when it will arive. Everyone knows you just cant compete with someone stronger than you.)

Edit: BTW Marble/HW/Stone/PW/Tools prices will eventually stabilize around some point when it will become profitable to drain them from market and build mines (esspecially with parrots being in shortage). But well knowing that BlueByte actually came up that mine with such insane price and so low deposit I guess they see this market chaos as something normal. Just check how reasonable is Beer drain in Provision house: 1000 Beer for 10 Coin. I can't iagine a situation when it would be profitable to use it and yet they somehow came up with it. Either they haven't thought about economy at all or they want prices to be like stack of smth -> 1-5 coins.
    Last edited by StarCaller; 19.05.12 at 13:28.

World
    Northisle
    excelent dnagr1m

that's sum up almost everything i would explain but really lazy to say it. AI NPC is great to set at least standart value to keep revenue goes in and out

however no matter how much we want it this game to be better, we as players have no option or even alternative except following their will.
    queue build for example, we as player want it so bad because rebuilding 50well/farmfield take lot's of time to do it (almost 1-2h to keep queue in line)
    yet they make it premium price to get it (3k gems? really?)

I'm not even sure they play their own game.
    and now is even worse, you can't even train troops while u upgrading Barracks, and convert anything from provision house. and yes they call this a "Bug" fix

while the most part about this game is battling the bandits, yet they want us to log off from the game.
    I don't even know what else to say, even developers want their players to leave this game.
    Last edited by Blebekblebek; 19.05.12 at 14:07.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    When You upgrade Storage. You can still store Your stuff in there. I think it is a major bug and SO unrealistic. I hope BB will fix this very soon.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Maybe removing all the adventure rewards except for decorations and epic buildings would help although it would destroy the lootspot market for any adventures without an epic building. In this case they could add more buildings as a reward instead, eg farms which don't use a license.

World
    Northisle
    well, I better quit then.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Today there are many decorations available for gems. It should be possible to buy some of them with large amounts of resources.
    Like 20000 stone for stone bench. It might help market a bit.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Gromobran View Post
    Today there are many decorations available for gems. It should be possible to buy some of them with large amounts of resources.
    Like 20000 stone for stone bench. It might help market a bit.
    This is a good point! Indeed, this game would benefit a lot from the ability to make your island unique. Different color roads, remove forests, add forests, add basic walls etc etc. That could cost stone/wood/gold or other resources (statues could cost copper for example) and provide at least an extra resource sink + provide some nearly infinite play-around for even veterans (hey, you can re-do your island every month if you like .

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    they shood never close servers

World
    Newfoundland
    Bronze, Gold-plated and solid gold statues. Each with different bonuses to the settlement.

Bronze statues could increase the farm productivity per sector that it's built in. Gold plated statues for the mines in that sector.
    With upgrades to increase productivity.
    Gold statues could increase the workers speed by 10% per sector that it's built in. With "expensive" upgrades to level 5 giving 50% speed increase.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Reply to Thread