Reply to Thread

Thread: guild "trading"

World
    Sandycove

guild "trading"

until you are at least level 17 you have no help in growing except for buffing, because below level 17 you cannot trade. what i am suggesting is that at the beginning if you are in a guild you should be able to gift or trade items (eg. stone) if you want to between the members. this i feel would make the game slightly quicker and more enjoyable for all the players. thankyou.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Why quicker? It's not supposed to be quick. The whole point of trading at level 17 is that you've completed the tutorial, you've got a feel for the game, and you have something to work towards.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Its a good point mattc062. But then what is to stop fellow guild members giving you everything you need to advance in the game? Like Cully said its not meant to be quick and you are still learning how to play. It is just to open to abuse.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrod View Post
    Its a good point mattc062. But then what is to stop fellow guild members giving you everything you need to advance in the game? Like Cully said its not meant to be quick and you are still learning how to play. It is just to open to abuse.
    Ok I sort of agree with you two, but I still think that people should be able to help the lower leveled players in other ways than buffs. What about being allowed to send 1 gift to a limited amount of players??

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    u can send a gem bought gift i guess :P

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualan View Post
    u can send a gem bought gift i guess :P
    No what I mean is a gift that u can send to a certain amount of players in your guild that is free/costs a little resources. Maybe it could be something in the provision house you could make like a "gift box" that has a few (say 50) of basic and moderate resources (pwp, stone, tools, copper swords, coaln fish and copper) and it costs the same to make, then you could gift it to a member of your alliance, but you can only make so many a day/week. How about that then??
    Last edited by mattc062; 31.05.12 at 16:48.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by mattc062 View Post
    No what I mean is a gift that u can send to a certain amount of players in your guild that is free/costs a little resources. Maybe it could be something in the provision house you could make like a "gift box" that has a few (say 50) of basic and moderate resources (pwp, stone, tools, copper swords, coaln fish and copper) and it costs the same to make, then you could gift it to a member of your alliance, but you can only make so many a day/week. How about that then??
    Did I make it too confusing....? If I did it would be like the fish buffs. You make them in the provision house, and use your own resources. It should be called a gift box. Then when you visit a fellow Guild member you click the star menu and gift it to them by putting it in their storehouse. Maybe the person gifting could choose the amount? And this could boost a newbies growth, be a good point to join a guild, and could be used as a prize in an internal competition. Can you please give me your thoughts good or bad?? After all its what this is for.
    ^Craig Matthews (mattc062)

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    One of the reasons many guilds have joining levels is because of the high drop out rate of newbs. Usually if someone has the staying power to get to the mid 20s, they usually continue after.

So how does that fit with your idea?, well some guild members could end up giving a lot away to people who don't bother staying. Giving resources actually would encourage poor game playing - how many have made it to lvl 23 for example on just the basic 75 licenses you start with and have 40 of them in the star menu?

Being successful in the game (whatever that might mean) means learning to use your resources carefully and not just throwing them into more buildings because they might make more resources. The tutorial and the limitation on trade, while frustrating, is a good thing because it should helpthe fresh shoots of settlerism to blossom, ready for the sharks in global-3 and trade tab!

Happy playing!

World
    Sandycove
    thanks for destroying my idea lol
    ^Craig Matthews (mattc062)

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    s
    Last edited by asecag; 03.08.12 at 09:05.

Reply to Thread