Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: when pvp strart's?

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Marvellous how all the can't wait for pvp people are relatively newcomers.

Will wait and see about it's arrival and then decide whether to raze my own island and auction everything for 1 fish.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I hope they implement PvP, because it would be a marvellous game!!!

BUT, peaceful players should have they peace, on their main islands, but conquering new island (somehow ) should added and battles should be fought on those.... something like in LoU, where you can play as passive player if you don't have build castles.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I hope there's some sort of ranking system which unlocks new stuff or gives special buffs I dunno (maybe even a special general on highest rank) Would be cool. Then on the other hand, for non PVP fans, maybe some montly guild adventures (kinda like raiding in MMORPGS), so every one stays happy

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

rules of engagement

i could imagine the rule in pvp, that you may attack only player with same or higher level and not by your choice, but the battlefield will be initiated by your scout out of those who join pvp and declare readiness to fight.

not long time ago i was playing dragons of atlantis and the system of pvp fight is terrible there. if you do not have good alliance (which you may never enter without being developed, and you will never be developed enough without alliance, so a bit vicious circle) or luck, you may hardly progress.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    I think it's going to be very, very difficult to get PvP right in TSO. The combat as it stands gives the full advantage to the attacker because they can scout and then send the appropriate troops, which is ideal in a PvE game but not much fun for PvP in my opinion. With the hugely long and expensive rebuild costs for good troops having a battle in a few minutes that takes you a week or more to recover from is hard to see as hugely appealing either. The people who stick around to level 40+ are the ones who find the current system entertaining and paced to suit their playing style, changing it dramatically risks losing a substantial number of the customers you already have in an effort to attract a different set of people, with no guarantee you'll get them.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think the "loot" won from pvp should be what went into making the armies that were destroyed. If you killed 300 Recruits and won, the losing player loses his recruits and the winning player wins Bronze Swords, "shards of bronze" (bronze bars), bread and brew. If you killed 150 Cav, losing player loses Cav, winning player wins horses, wheat, bread and brew.

And maybe the 2 players are coming together to fight over a prize? A lost treasure hidden in the mountains. Winner gets the chest which is full of gold coins and a few gems.

Just thoughts.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    PvP doesn't have to be total war and result in complete oblivion!

Capturing a flag or icon can be just as much fun, tactically challenging, exciting and rewarding in many ways.

Just keep those 'power crazy' alliances away from the game. Most of them are bullies and make life 'hell' for many players.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    I think pvp shood be added like a option to find & conquer new land while leaving your start isle out of the loop. it shood have a option to grow bigger or ad least to expand your teritori.
    this way it will be fun for all; protecting the passive player's & giving room for the conquering one's!

Last edited by DonDa; 04.07.12 at 23:18.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Azariel View Post
    Hi guys,

PvP will not be added into the game for a few months still. It will be optional and shouldn't include destroying someone's home island.
    Keep an eye open for it on the test server. I'll also get back to you with any news I get on this.

Best,
    BB_Azariel
    Cool. Only just started game. Would actually like to get a proper handle on things before I decide whether to PvP or not.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierarzt View Post
    If you want real PvP, then join the Army!

You'll be running back to virtual PvP before the end of the day.
    LOL... I mean I actually giggled ha

Reply to Thread