Reply to Thread

Thread: How important is where you place your buildings?

Stoof

How important is where you place your buildings?

Hi,

So far I've been placing my buildings generally close to where they need to be, but it's all turned out a bit messy. Is this something I should correct early on? Also does production chain ie will logs go directly from the woodcutters to the sawmill or do they need to go to the store first? the other thing I can't figure out is how to buff friends?

Thanks.

World
    Sandycove
    1.Placing your buildings is a matter of saving time. If you click your building you´ll see the time it takes to get to the nearest storehouse!

2. Almost sure they go first to the storehouse. Follow the worker and see where he goes, maybe he goes to get some brew time to time lol

3.You must first make buffs, then visit a friend and on the star menu you´ll find your bluffs that you can use.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Also check the production time of your buildings. For buildings with a short production time (woodcutters, coal mines etc) it's much more important to have short travel times then for buildings with a long production time (steel weapon smith). Ofcourse you want the travel times to be as short as possible, but 10 extra seconds travel time on a 3 mins production is much more relevant then 10 seconds extra travel time on a 24 minutes production.

Stoof
    I am still confused. Will my woodcutter take logs directly to the sawmill or will it go to the storehouse first?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    everything goes to a store house first ur loggers will cut the trees down and take the logs to the closet storehouse, then your cokers or bow maker or sawmill will go to a store house collect logs and go make what ever they make and then return what they made to a store house

Stoof
    In that case, I probably need to restart

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Stoof - the development page says that a building movement tools may come soon - but I doubt that it will be free!

There's a good series of videos here on placement - should be stickied imho

World
    Newfoundland
    Building placement is only important if you worry about a few seconds here and there.
    There is no right or wrong way.
    All industries revolve around the storage buildings.

If it feels and looks good for you, then that's good enough
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Reply to Thread