Reply to Thread

Thread: we neeeeeeed a new battle system

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle

we neeeeeeed a new battle system

Please rework your battle system...

I WANT to see how our soldiers fights, not stupid easy lay out with arrows THAT IS NOT FUN!!!!
    That is dull and sleepy battle system, and we demand an enjoyable battle system!!!!

I would like to see... example you have infantry, bowmen (with swords) and cavalry behind infantry. Enemy has a lot of infantry.
    Enemy is sending his infantry forward to my infantry... before they reach my infantry, my bowmen (behind my infantry) pulled a rain of arrows to enemy. Then I send my infantry forward to enemy, I send my cavalry to back of enemy infantry. If my bowmen have no more arrows, they can forward and fight the enemy infantry. And major victory

Maybe a new house for to build arrows, if you have enough arrows, you fire arrows longer time.
    Maybe we need a house for to train pike soldiers... to block cavalry and infantry.

With new battle system, it can make your game more interesting.

World
    Newfoundland
    and we demand
    Excuse me? Who promoted you?

I, for one, am very happy with the current system, as are many others!
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    The battlesystem is indeed not such a great thing. What are you doing: you compute how many recruits you need than wait if you had been correct. The rest of the time you watch the back of an horse riding.

It has positive aspects as in every time more recruits than estimated had survived, one can feel happy. Or you've miscalculated and, say, loose all your cavalry. Than you're upset, re-train your cavalry and show it them bandits again. I believe the combat system would be more interesting when loosing wouldn't mean total annihilation. Because: when you lose not so much on failures, you could try without everything triple checking in combat sims.

And I'd like an electronic whip to make those horse ride faster.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I'm with Tierarzt.

World
    Northisle
    I have to admit I do find the current combat system rather disappointing. Considering that defeating enemies is the only way to earn experience points in the game, the current system seems a bit perfunctory. You simply click the "go fight now" button, and some time later you learn if you won or lost. It would be nice to have a bit more control over a very vital area of the game, with perhaps some element of strategic planning. I'm not suggestion grafting Modern Warfare 3 into the game, but a bit more interaction in the battles wouldn't hurt.

Reply to Thread