View Poll Results: I agree that newbs shouldnt be able to send friend requests to higher lvl members

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

15 42.86%
  • no

20 57.14%
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Random Friend Requests

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Saraptheold View Post
    To limit friends requests would be rude to new players. I would rather suggest that you can see what lvl and how many friends the requester has. That way you can easily sort out the newbie lurkers and those that just seems to collect as many friends as possible. I would also suggest that you can block certain persons, as I have several times had more than two friends request from the same person ont the same day. At one time I hadn't even had time to decline the last request.
    Damn it!! This is waaay better, and yes I agree with all of this now, and I suppose blocking out newbies is rude, but to add a little thing to this... Maybe at the beginning when a person starts playing the game, there should be a quick and simple rule explanation that isn't too long, so the player reads it, and it should state on their "asking to be friends without talking to them is rude and against the rules"

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Simple solution, block Farcebook stalkers from the site, and watch the randoms drop 99.5%

Norway - Birthland of giants......and trolls.
    World
    Newfoundland
    How do you do that?

World
    Sandycove
    why hate on the Noops ? .. We are all new once , , In other games i play i like to help them..

I see no problem with it ,

Btw how can we edit a siggy on here ? :P

BTW yesh im a Noop & yes i talk in Global

World
    Sandycove
    thats cool Anatis, and i believe i have spoke to you and helped you before on global/help chat, but the problem i have is the newbies who dont speak to you ever and request to be your friend cause you have spoke on global.
    ^Craig Matthews (mattc062)

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    I think what would help is if in the first lvl or two of the tutorial, they make it clear that you don't need to add friends to advance in this game (unlike many FB games), other then if you have a quest to have your buildings buffed.....at which point then the tutorial can walk you through how to do this..... so people learn from day one you need to ask for friends before sending an invite

World
    Newfoundland
    Aceept/Decline takes 2 seconds --end of

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Allowing new players to become your friend gives them the opportunity to visit a working settlement, and may often save the player from placing buildings inappropriately. It is easy enough to remove them from your list if there is no interaction between yourself and the new friend.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I've had I don't know how many random friend requests in the last 12 months. I really do'nt get why it's such a problem. You open your email, see all the requests and just hit the little x by them. you don't need to even look at the email to delete them and you certainly don't need to do them as you get them. just open your emails as you would normally and just x them.

ShadowSlayerII
    I kindof agree with the level idea thingy; i think that if they want to be friends they should talk stuff, and then YOU friend request them if they seem nice

Reply to Thread