Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Has BlueByte fully lost their mind?

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslice View Post
    Oh and for those that say 'plan for the week long upgrade', I would be interested in knowing how many players have the ability to produce enough troops etc to last a week. This game encourages community spirit etc. As a Level 47 player I have 2 buff buddies and between them they receive 120 baskets a day from me and me from them. That's 840 baskets I would have to forward plan for the week on top of the 120 a day. I'm sure my twice daily buff buddies would be well happy when I tell them I cant continue with the buffs as BB is taking my ability to produce buffs offline for a week. Maybe we can arrange to upgrade at the same time - all 3 of us. Hell we could even go on holiday together!!
    If you're upgrading to level 5 chances are you're doing adventures. In which case a week without troops is nothing. It can easily take that long just to replenish settlers. Planning for some adventures takes more than a week so where's the problem with not being able you train? And the buffs. If your buff buddies are really 'buddies' then they should understand that you'll have a week with fewer buffs (plan it right you'll have buffs) because as you said, the community spirit part of the game means they won't be able to produce buffs for you when they go to upgrade their provision house.

Yet again this shows how people react when given something called a challenge. The whole point is to make you use your brain to plan out how you're going to upgrade these buildings. I havent yet upgraded mine to 4 or 5. Now I know this I'm sorry, but I'm rather looking forward to the challenge of being without a provisions house for a week. Gives my brain something to work on in the game

World
    Newfoundland
    Now I know this I'm sorry, but I'm rather looking forward to the challenge of being without a provisions house for a week. Gives my brain something to work on in the game
    At last, someone that actually wants to play the game!

I'm with Cully on this one.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    you adapt its that simple or go find a easier game ..if there wasnt hurdles there wouldnt be much point playing so you have to wait a week i already have oer 8k settlers in my star menu just saving for the footie event.. which means i could now upgrade my prov house if i so wished.. so what if i cant buff everything constantly buy the baskets for the more valued buildings and either snooze or make do on others

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    It's really funny, but because I had to take a break of 1 week (upgrading my barracks) I finally discovered this game is really, really boring.

It has no depth, no future, nothing interesting to do past Level40+, no challenge, zip zilch zero.

It's just like taking a break from your girlfriend...either you start missing her real bad, or you suddenly realize what a crappy relation you had. Well, settlers falls square in the last block. I predict a large exodus of players soon when people start discovering that it is an extremely repetetive game after you've reached the Exotic Sawmill stage...things like the Barracksgate just speed up the process.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have to agree, BB you have shot yourself in the foot with this one.

Losing other production lines when being upgraded for 1 week are NOT effected due to the fact that:-
    1. Players have multiple buildings of that type and the loss can be covered with buffs
    2. the resource can be purchased off the TT or in global-3
    3. your Guild mates can help you out with the resources that you need.

BUT with the Barracks and Provisions House you only have the 1, and only very limited assistance can be giving with regardes to the Provisions House, and no assistance with regardes to the Barracks.

A large number of people will not bother playing for the week when these buildings are being upgraded, plus the fact that a percentage of that number will not return as they will find other games to play (yes, we are a fickle lot). So with this 'upgrade' your actually driving people away from the game!

Upgrading other buildings/production lines is actually encouraging people to play as it give them something to think about in organisation and planning.

Tierarzt, stop trolling threads and just making bitchy comments at what others write, either make useful comments or stop post, pls.

World
    Newfoundland
    Just because someone disagrees with the suggestion, does not make them a troll.

You may not like what I have to say, but telling the truth is not trolling.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Telling the truth???

btw you do know that the Barracks and Provision House kept working was NOT a bug!!!

So pls get your facts correct

omg, i just found someone else's comment, Tierarzt is 'Negative Nellie', i laughed so hard i nearlly fell off my chair
    Last edited by DaveyDent; 28.05.12 at 20:58.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Cully View Post
    Planning for some adventures takes more than a week so where's the problem with not being able you train?
    ??

uhm..Most players i know, plan while playing, and play 2 or 3 adventures per day!
    Or did you really think that 1814467 xp came all by itself by playing an adventure per week,
    and that's just half way towards lvl50.

Thanks for noticing it too DaveyDent.

It's precisely as fishslice has put it:
    Make a list of bugs, that are to be changed.
    "Otherwise how are we expected to know what is a bug / defect."

Now we were confronted with a drastic change.
    Several people just stopped playing due to these unexpected changes.
    Last edited by Grow; 28.05.12 at 23:26.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    While you are busy insulting people DaveyDent, think on what you said about not playing for a week . . . it won't work because 24 hours after you have logged out, your island shuts down, unless of course you are one of those who leaves yourself logged in 24/7!

While not always agreeing with what Tier says, he always gives food for thought - too many people have a pout when someone writes something they don't like . . . ah looks like I'm doing it now, will go and stand in the corner with a big dunce's hat on to hide under . . . .

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyDent View Post
    Telling the truth???

btw you do know that the Barracks and Provision House kept working was NOT a bug!!!
    It was confirmed by BlueByte that is WAS a bug

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyDent View Post

Reply to Thread