Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Has BlueByte fully lost their mind?

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    forgot it, not even going to bother, your not worth it

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierarzt View Post
    It was confirmed by BlueByte that is WAS a bug
    Then this bug was kept a secret for 12 months!
    Many players in Help-channel advised that barracks and provisionhouse could be upgraded without productionloss.
    I even did so myself.

If i would had known about this change, i would have upgraded my provisionhouse before BB changed it.

Let's come back to the discussion.
    Is this change for better or for worse, considering the gameplay.

I'd say it's better to keep barracks and provisionhouse excluded from productionloss.
    It's clearly undoable to make that many settlers, baskets and deposits in advance.

So you forcebly lose a week of gameplay in the current manner.
    Thus i conclude: BB rather likes us to stop playing.

fingon2
    I am a computer programmer knowing C++, Java, Actionscript, php/mysql

I have the following skills:
    -I can find a bug like a building working while updgrading in less than a minute
    -I can solve the bug in less than a day (probably even an hour, some flag must be made true I guess)

Please BB, recruit me to your staff

This is a paying game and bugs like this are unacceptable to be there 12 months. BB should have fixed it loooong ago.

Except...
    This was never a bug, but suddenly someone made a bad decision without consulting the players.
    Provisions and Barracks is not another Bakery that we can spare not working 7 days.
    They are essential in any game play.
    So, BB simply tells us TAKE A BREAK for a week.
    Guess what? I don't want to. I have paid to play whenever I want.
    So, get those barracks and provisions working back again...

World
    Newfoundland
    Hi guys,

I do confirm that this WAS a bug. The only reason we took so long to "fix" it is because it was not a real issue for players and that we found it more urgent to fix other game-breaking bugs or implement new features like events and graphic improvements.
    The big idea behind upgrading is that the player needs to make a conscious decision about what is more worthwhile to him. Upgrading a building always stopped it's production: this is how the game was built. This implementation, however unpopular, was made to balance the game out more evenly and to make these rogue buildings fit in BB's logic.

I do however understand your point of view and will communicate to BB that you are, on the whole, unhappy about the fix as it hinders your player experience more than it balances out the game.

Thanks for the feedback!

Best,
    BB_Azariel

PS: guys, play nice... Stop getting at each other's throats or I'll have to close this thread.
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    What about storehouses providing storage while upgrading? I found it always a little dangerous for my workers, having to wade through goods while doing their upgrade work. That said: where are those workers actually? Wouldn't you need some settlers to carry the resources along and to see them fit onto the houses?

Could be actually somewhat cool to plan around that, but, uhm, for planning you should know beforehand.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    At the moment my provision house is in a 24hours upgrade. When i went to bed yesterday evening, i inputted some production into the building, a couple of fishbuffs and some fishfood. Well, now comes the funny part. At least the fishfood was PRODUCED!! Yeah, right. So, i tried adding some musk dear and waited, while being online. Nothing happened. I went offline and checked back an hour or so later. Produced

Looks like our little settlers takes thing in their own hand and sneakely produce when you are not watching.

BTW I do hope that BB is going to fix this stupid problem. The barrack and your provision house are the only buildings from which you have only one. If either of them is blocked for a week long you can't play. If this bug is still effective when I have enough resources to upgrade to L5 I will probably sleep most of my infrastructure, gold/iron/steel/exotic industry at least, and just wait it out.
    Last edited by Mystic; 29.05.12 at 11:24.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by dnarag1m View Post
    It's really funny, but because I had to take a break of 1 week (upgrading my barracks) I finally discovered this game is really, really boring.

It has no depth, no future, nothing interesting to do past Level40+, no challenge, zip zilch zero.

It's just like taking a break from your girlfriend...either you start missing her real bad, or you suddenly realize what a crappy relation you had. Well, settlers falls square in the last block. I predict a large exodus of players soon when people start discovering that it is an extremely repetetive game after you've reached the Exotic Sawmill stage...things like the Barracksgate just speed up the process.
    Completely agree. After posting my rant about mines and the fact they keep collapsing (here) I left and haven't been back. BB have to face facts and that for most people, micromanaging the mines and getting their production back up and running every week is boring as hell.

I don't mind waiting for settlers to replenish or troops to be made, but what I do abject to is the fact that when mines go, they kill your production lines dead and the process of getting the geologist back out and rebuilding all the mines is such a ball-ache, I just stopped playing the game.

Like you say, when you leave the game for a while, you realise what a boring game it is. Which in itself is an odd decision on BB's part. One of the unwritten rules with online games is to keep the player involved and not to effectively push them away from the game at all.

Seems the designers at BB don't know that fact...
    Last edited by MGSteve; 29.05.12 at 12:11.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    Great. Glad I know this in advance, was planning to upgrade my provision house soon, so i will have to plan it more carefully. I think the best way to sort this out is to do both buildings at the same day (when they need to go to L5) have empty stock, got an adventure finished that took all of my recruits and just log in again after a weak or so
    You cant leave the game running it self for a week everything stops on ur island after 24 hrs of u not logging in. i found this out to my cost while on a weeks holiday, i had started 5 bakeries to lv5 thinking i wud return to 5x lv5 bakery but no they were still upgrading.

Barracks and Provisions are not like any other buildings in the game because we are only allowed one of them. NOT being able to produce anything during upgrades stops us being able to play the game. With the other building u can afford one or two in a chain to bo stopped u can make up for that with buffs or stopping one or more other buildings, HAVING to stop provisions and barracks halt almost all of ur village and i think we will see an even bigger exodus from the game than there has been so far.

BB need to get working on getting past lv 50 VERY soon before people who get to 50 get bored and leave there is no mention of it in any dev log so far that i have seen.
    Last edited by Badwolf; 29.05.12 at 13:21.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Azariel View Post
    This implementation, however unpopular, was made to balance the game out more evenly and to make these rogue buildings fit in BB's logic.
    Balancing the game out more evenly?

Hope that balancing out the losses for adventures becomes top-priority then ^^

World
    Newfoundland
    Question - With this change, you can't recruit new troops or use the provision house after the upgrade has started....what happens to stuff that is queued up when you start the upgrade?

Could I load up the queue of the barracks to build all of these troops, then click on Upgrade...and have those processed while upgraded, but just not add anymore till the upgrade is over, or would those in queue stop?

Sorry if that question isn't clear..

thank you.

Reply to Thread