Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Has BlueByte fully lost their mind?

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRoy View Post
    Where did you get this false information?
    I was logged out for over a week and my island kept doing it's thing.
    Believe me
    My information is hardly ever false.

I play already 6 months, and i know who to trust on their words.

Probably your town was visited by another player regularly,
    or your absence was before the changes by BB were made.

But this thread is about making changes to the game unannounced and so drastically,
    that it prevents being able to play the adventures of the game.
    Last edited by Grow; 10.06.12 at 07:10.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    OMG! This is so ridiculous. What are you all complaining about?! So what if you don't can use you barrack or you prov. house. Do something else. Its not the worlds end. I just did it. Stored some goods for a week. Sold some stuff without doing adventure that week and very few buffs.That when I could build things there! Just that you can't planning things or use your skills to make it happen. I think it is great that it take that long. There should be more challenging aspects in this game.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwedinho View Post
    OMG! This is so ridiculous. What are you all complaining about?! So what if you don't can use you barrack or you prov. house. Do something else. Its not the worlds end. I just did it. Stored some goods for a week. Sold some stuff without doing adventure that week and very few buffs.That when I could build things there! Just that you can't planning things or use your skills to make it happen. I think it is great that it take that long. There should be more challenging aspects in this game.
    Ahum,
    I have been a playing and planning for over 6 months now.

Probably you miss the point.
    At the time i had 9k ewp and 5k granite, and i decided to upgrade a section of farmers mills and bakers.
    If i would have been informed beforehand on the upcomming changes, i would have selected to do the provisionhouse first.

The aspect that you have just one provisionhouse and one barracks would make it more likely,
    that these buildings could be excluded from upgrade restrictions.

Surely i can put my town to sleep for a week and await the upgrade patiently.
    But i planned to make a little more than 1200 settlers/day.
    My bakers can make sufficient supply for those 1200 settlers and 100 baskets a daily.

The complaint is a fair one:
    Changing the rules of the game without informing the players, is not done.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Grow View Post
    Ahum,

The complaint is a fair one:
    Changing the rules of the game without informing the players, is not done.
    This is the heart of the matter.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Thanks for the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grow View Post
    Believe me
    My information is hardly ever false.

I play already 6 months, and i know who to trust on their words.

Probably your town was visited by another player regularly,
    or your absence was before the changes by BB were made.

But this thread is about making changes to the game unannounced and so drastically,
    that it prevents being able to play the adventures of the game.

World
    Newfoundland
    I had no idea upgrading stopped prov house and barracks from producing stuff till I saw this thread. I knew other buildings when upgraded were basically disabled for the upgrading time period but seeing how so far my prov house and barracks never suffered from this effect I took it to mean this was by design, since we only get one of them this made sense to me. However now I know I at least know what to expect. I just don’t feel it does me much good as perhaps not so much the prov house but certainly when I upgrade my barracks once I have lost my limited number of storable units in about 8 hours I then have a long 160 hours to wait before I can do another adv.

My mind boggles at those that talk about ‘planning’ or having to think about things in this game. There is nothing to think about. Everything is so very restrictive in what’s worthwhile to do. You start off clearing your island, you stabilize your islands economy, you then just make as much bread, brew, bs and possibly iron swords as possible and convert them into settlers and an army. You then follow like a mindless drone the same adv map guides over and over till you reach 50, somewhere along the way I assume losing the will to live. Stopping a vital part of what to do in the game (complete adv’s) only encourages me to stop playing the game for a week which runs the risk of me never coming back. I can’t see how BB don’t think this is a bad thing for them. Maybe they think I have lots of money laying around and will spend thousands of gems on an instant upgrade instead when the feature goes live? Nice to see BB focusing on the priority features for us players on the test server. Build queue slots, gem pit, instant upgrade button and in the past updates of new graphics for lvl 5 buildings. How about giving us some actual new content we can play or that’s of benefit and more importantly, free?

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I still don't get the problem here? If you've been playing 6 months as you keep saying (as have I) you should surely be in a position to plan for these upgrades? That is after all a large part of what Settlers is about. I'll be uprading to level 5 soon It takes a while to recover for one adventure so I just won't train troops until the resources are all there, which will tie in with when the upgrade is complete. As for the buffs - if you actually 'need' buffs to keep your town running and you can't manage without for a week, then you've done something very wrong and maybe need to spend that week looking at your town.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey_Man1123 View Post
    I hate to admit it..but I did accidentally click to upgrade my barracks (clicked wrong button)...so no new troops for me for a week... A little concerned about how I will be able to do the Euro Cup related adventures...

I think many of us would have been OK with the change if it had been announced and we'd been given time to adjust accordingly (either rush to do the upgrade before, or plan out a strategy for it afterwards). But to just do it without really saying anything about it publiclly (or if they did it wasn't apparent to most people), just doesn't seem right for a game like that that needs to build a good sense of community and coop between the dev's and players to get it going.

Upgrade time 1 week . EC adventures 4 weeks. problem is where?

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    As one who leveled 5 on barracks and PH before the oversight was rectified, I am grateful to have got that break.

Has BB lost their mind?

If they were to remove the storage capacity of my storehouses or Mayors house while they are upgrading?
    That would be another story.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierarzt View Post
    I heard the moon was made of cheese.
    do you troll all the forums?

they took mah job!
    http://www.google.co.nz/imgres?hl=en...9,r:4,s:0,i:85
    MEET THE HALF-TROLL:
    half troll, half forum user, all awesome.

Reply to Thread