Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Worth while continuing?

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland

Worth while continuing?

Sometimes i sit and stare at my monitor and wonder why I bother continuing to play this game . . .

The excitement and challenge of the first 32 levels seems to have gone, even the race to get to 39 and then 40 and then what? Witches adventure for the 10th time, Dark Priests for the 12th time . . . same old boring adventures, same old excess of some resources, shortages of others, oh only another 95k xp to go to lvl 41 . . . yawns got to plant all those 40 fields and wells and search for deposits . . .

I had 2 weeks away on holidays and the tumbleweed blew across the island when i came back, another shortcoming, but it helped break the addiction the game had.

So the Dirty Dozen [DDT] is no longer recruiting and it might just be one day before long that you will no longer see any DDT in chat as I will be gone and the guild dissolved, I mean there's nothing else here . . .

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Not if u don't pleasure the play. Haven't game which keep everlife. Anyway i playing with it trought 4 months and not boring me but I know one time will and then i will stop. Really simple thing.

Anyway this game keep my interest more time than high price PC or consol games so must say this game great.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    New adventures should be made each month or every few weeks to keep people glued to this game.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    or PvP tournaments like I suggested in post #19 here: http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...e-Player/page2

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    not interested in pvp - been there, done that got the T-shirt and the dvd

Still gradually closing things down - the idea of new adventures each month or every few weeks would be a good idea and perhaps doing away with all these win by numbers guides - why play a game if you're just going to follow someone else?? - But that's changing the topic!

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Anyway this game keep my interest more time than high price PC or consol games
    do agree with you gorick and it is why I didn't mind spending some money on gems, because it was less than what I would have spent on something else.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    I've always found that you can improve on the guide advice even if you follow them, tweaking the placement or the exact troop numbers. It's what keeps it interesting. Then there is the challenge of finding an exonomic way of doing the unpopular adventures that nobody writes guides for, like Sons of the Veldt. It'll never be the best adventure but with a lot of blocking you can make it tolerable and have a lot of fun achieving it.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quit and send your granite to me.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quit and send your granite to me.
    When I quit any resources I decide to make available will go to friends, not to people begging in the forum

World
    Northisle
    I'm also ready to quit playing, and for the same reasons. The game has become a repetitive grind of rebuilding the same fields, wells and mines every few days, the "adventures" are boring and repetitive, and the entire game is riddled with poor design and gameplay choices which the developers seem unwilling to address. At level 30 I think I've experienced all the "fun" this game has to offer, which to be frank isn't much.

Things that need changing:
    Make mines renewable without having to pay real-world cash.
    Remove the pointless building queue for structures that regularly need to be re-build in large numbers, such as fields, wells and mines.
    Add an order queue for geologists.
    Make the combat system more involving that "click here to fight now", with the result sent via email.
    Add more variety to the "adventures" than just "destroy the bandit camps".
    Remove pointless time-sink delays such as the hours-long wait to for geologists to find resources.
    Generally speed up gameplay.

All of these ideas and more have been suggested by various people on this forum, but the devs never show up to discuss new ideas. The overwhelming impression I get from the game and the forum is that BB and Ubisoft don't really care at all about the quality as long as we're occasionally spending money on gems. I know there will inevitably be people who will reply "well if you don't like it then don't play it", and to them I say "yeah, ok". And no, you can't have my stuff.

Reply to Thread