Reply to Thread

Thread: Buffing items

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

Buffing items

Hi.
    At the moment we have 3 buffing items : Fish Plate(30m),Sandwich(2h) and Baskets(6h).
    I'll take the baskets as an example as they are the most common.
    A basket costs 120Fish 60Bread and 20Sausages and it buffs for 6 hours.
    Wouldn't it be great if you could set how many hours you want the buff item to run ? To be able to costumize your buff item?
    Of course a 4h buff would cost less then a 6h one and an 8h buff would cost more then a 6h one.

This way you wouldn't need 3 buff items.

So :
    30-60 min's needs only Fish
    1h-4h needs Fish and Bread
    4h-8h(or even more) needs Fish,Bread and Sausage.

I know that this would mean some people will make only 1h-4h Buffs but for that they will have to make an extra effort and rebuff more often.

There are many more ways you could play with this idea,things like x3,x4 production at the cost of gems(paid via provision after costumization of the buff) or even make a new building and resource like wine which would make the buff even longer.
    I'm pretty sure a lot of people would pay a lot of resources and gems to get like an 18-24h x3 or x4 buff.Most people that play this game are grown-ups,people with jobs that can't stay 24/7 online and would love a 12h buff(that would mean 2 buffs a day,perfect).
    I know that this would make the game less engaging and require less attention but the price in resources would be higher.
    So either pay more and be less involved or pay less but be more involved.

The point is that the buff system needs more flexibility.Not just 3 buff items...

Anyway,even if this proves to be a good idea...i'm pretty sure it's not gonna get implemented since clearly,suggestions are nowhere near BB's attention point.At least not at the moment.I'm sure they have a lot of ideas but the problem is developing,which clearly is not their strong point since they need a couple of months for major and long awaited updates...

Anyway,i'd like to hear your thoughts on this suggestion !
    Have a nice day and lets hope that more and more suggestions will take shape !

World
    Northisle
    That's an interesting idea, and not a million miles from one that occurred to me. Rather than having to repeatedly re-buff the same few buildings, how about having a continuous supply of food linked to a production building? The building uses food at a set rate depending on its upgrade level. Keep it supplied with fish for 2x production, fish and bread for 2.5x production, and fish, bread and sausages for 3x production. As long as you can keep producing enough food items the buffs remain working permanently.

Reply to Thread