Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Forthcoming changes that will affect adventures

World
    Newfoundland
    You can get around this if you stockpile troops beforehand, but that means you need a lot more settlers which would also rule out people who don't buy gems, since they wouldn't be able to get enough residences on the limited amount of licenses they get.
    Wrong. I can support over 2000 troops and I don't buy gems
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierarzt View Post
    Cam You build anything else, besides noble residences?
    Only for 2000 troops You need 29 Noble Residence lvl 5. That needs: 27405 Hardwood 45965 Marble 29000 Coins 29000 Exotic Wood and 17400 Granite.
    Or more realistic 2000 troops -> 40 Noble Residence lvl 3. That needs: 37800 Hardwood 63400 Marble. Left: 105 licenses for all other buildings.
    Tip: After lvl 32 You got rewarded with gems witch can be used to buy more licenses. But then You need armies, to get experience and so on.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Gromobran View Post
    Cam You build anything else, besides noble residences?
    Only for 2000 troops You need 29 Noble Residence lvl 5. That needs: 27405 Hardwood 45965 Marble 29000 Coins 29000 Exotic Wood and 17400 Granite.
    Or more realistic 2000 troops -> 40 Noble Residence lvl 3. That needs: 37800 Hardwood 63400 Marble. Left: 105 licenses for all other buildings.
    Tip: After lvl 32 You got rewarded with gems witch can be used to buy more licenses. But then You need armies, to get experience and so on.
    Correct. If you save the weekly gems and level up gems, you can afford to buy more licences.
    As with everything else in this game, it takes time but it is possible.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    He probably bought gem-based nobles from players, some are selling them.

Anyway the new pathing will be comming whatever we say, and tbh I expect that to be linked with the problems we have seen on our own island. There are severall resources which our settlers can't reach if you place them at the wrong place. Just think about the spot in sector 2 where you can't place an woodcutter/forrester close to an whole bunch of trees.

Anyway, some of the adventures (Sons of the Veld f.i.) are bad adventures, and with the new pathing I expect some more adventures will become less fun. To be honest I don't see the fun off an adventure where you need to send 6000 recruits. Its just too much work Yeah, you can share the expenses with two people but even then, if one of them has an problem you are really in big troubles.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    seems the pathing change solves some bugs, so might be the needed side effect to fix the issues. So either have bugs and old pathing or bug fixed and new pathing with side consequence of affecting some strats

i would go for fix in the long run, even if it can be annoying in the short run

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    What I do really really hope is that they fix it once and for all. Nothing is more annyoing then having the guides made obselete every couple of months because of some changes. I do expect that the roundblock-thing will also be closed sooner or later. I don't mind the blocking thing, its a strategy, but that roundblockthing is stupid. Come on, because of the booskamp being destroyed the already dead troops come back to live??? Yeah right.
    Also, i think they need to check the cost of some of the adventures, SofV and Traitors are way too expensive, while some other adventures are way too cheap to play. Okay, some of the adventures might be different after the pathing-bug solved, but i do expect that its going to cost troops in most of the adventures anyway. Another issue is that the game hasn't been properly designed. Everything goes okay, until you reach the expert buildings. Beside the Exotic Sawmill almost NOBODY is building those factories. First the absurd high cost and then the fact that its much easier to get the xbows/sword and cannons via adventures. Some rebalancing (in favour on making building of those plants ofcourse) is in order. And ofcourse we need something to remove the huge surpluss of raw materials which we have in the game. I already suggested that temple.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by TIERARZT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIERARZT View Post
    Correct. If you save the weekly gems and level up gems, you can afford to buy more licences.
    As with everything else in this game, it takes time but it is possible.
    Wrong. You can't produce anything if you spend all your licenses on residences. It takes over 3 months to save enough gems to buy 10 licenses, Are players expected to wait half a year to get enough capacity to be able to do adventures?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    players are (from a company pointof view) expected to spend money on the game

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    To return to the original topic for this thread, I started The Nords on both the test and the main servers today. I put my vet general in the usual place to work up the right hand side of the second peninsula. I took images of the route for both the original and the new pathing. As you can see in the new pathing there is no way to avoid camp 9 when trying to attack camp 8 - Sid's numbering.

Original route avoids camp 9:

New pathing goes right through the centre of the area of influence of camp 9 and thus has to defeated.

There is a new version being deployed today so I urge all interested players to sign up for the tester to see what is being suggested now. The server will be off line from 13:00 CET for approximately 2 hours. The test server is found here: http://www.tsotesting.com/en/homepage

Glorious Graduate Aerys_TarGaryen's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBadger View Post
    Seriously i have to say this is what the Game needs the Adventures are far too easy currently
    And many Higher level players are becoming bored...
    I personally hate repetition and would much prefer if the enemy camps were randomised

This could include:
    Camp location changes and can be anywhere within say a 16square area
    Troops defending a camp 10 variations
    Time limit which could include tiers 1st 2nd 3rd so a fast completion you receive the best loot slower and loot diminishes accordingly

Currently once you have done an adventure once, the fun is lost I am at the moment doing all the adventures others refuse as (Too Hard/Not worth it)

It is sad when you realise there is no point making anything apart from Bread Bronze Swords and Brew as the loot from adventures far out weighs the cost to a player to complete.
    All the expert buildings with the exception of the Exotic wood mills are redundant once players realise a few adventures and they have all the X-bows they will ever need then follow a guide and never lose any high value troops unless of course the Lag monster strikes when attempting a block or retreat

The Loot & simplicity of the current adventure system will kill what could be a very good game
    I would like it if an 8day adventure took me more than a few hours to complete
    I would like adventures where you have no choice but to lose high value units and I mean more than 1 swordsman here and there

I know the game is in BETA and still being developed I just hope the view is towards the end game and making it a bit tougher and less repetitive
    I have to agree with this 100% ok the guides would be redundant but that just means people would have to work out their own tactics which is a good thing
    Last edited by Aerys_TarGaryen; 03.06.12 at 06:57.

Reply to Thread