Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Forthcoming changes that will affect adventures

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotugo View Post
    Wrong. You can't produce anything if you spend all your licenses on residences. It takes over 3 months to save enough gems to buy 10 licenses, Are players expected to wait half a year to get enough capacity to be able to do adventures?
    That all depends on how you spend your licences and free gems
    It is possible to have a large army and keep a balanced production of resources without buying more gems.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierarzt View Post
    That all depends on how you spend your licences and free gems
    It is possible to have a large army and keep a balanced production of resources without buying more gems.
    totally agreed
    i have come to a point now that hardly need to buff anything to kep things going smoothly. Only the ocasional buff to increase prodution on a given area, depending on my needs at that moment.
    this is a economy/strategy type of game that well balanced can run by itself prety much very easy.
    also i have come to a point when doing adventures is getting a bit boring, unless i can do a new one never done before.

i just dont belive that ppl here complains about changing paths, wich to be honest, are badly disigned to begging with, i often see my general dancing some crazy dance on their way to battle....also cant understan some ppl that play adventures over and over using exactly the same settings, where is the fun in that? and why is it that having to rework your strategy is "hard work"?

i say keep changes comming, this is a very long game and to keep it interesting we need these changes, these and other of course.

i for one would like to see gadering xp more for the troops you loose rather than for the troops you kill, or a mixture of bouth. that will make it really interesting
    http://www.torredelbierzo.net/clipart/Simbol.gif
    When the going gets tough, only the tougher keeps going

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I am playing Victor on my own. An 3 player adventure but I am not killing the last camp (the 2 loot spotters doing this). Anyway I can only have 1000 Army and I manage to do it in less than 4 days with a lot of good planning. With 3 regular generals. But it should be a 3 player adventure and not a solo run there one kills almost everything and sell the loot spots. So why not make restriction to some of it or something. Like player Z, X and Y need to kill atleast x camps or a special route in for all the 3 players but only a part in the adventure or that a camp needs to be attacked be 3 different players.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    I'm generally bored with these on-line games... they just don't do it in relation to the hey-day of settlers/warcraft/panzer general/civ/ et al etc... I am not prepared to pay and pay and pay for an inferior product...I used to pay a one off €30/40 for a great game that gave great satisfaction and excitement, then you left it and moved on for a while then you revisited and played again and again over the years.... what can you do to restore some gameplay not endless build management?

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    This game need adventures with random camp locations and enemies, this way u cant be sure what you will face when you start the adventure.

Sometimes ur lucky, sometimes not :P

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBadger View Post
    Seriously i have to say this is what the Game needs the Adventures are far too easy currently
    And many Higher level players are becoming bored...
    I personally hate repetition and would much prefer if the enemy camps were randomised
    Path-finding is an attempt of Bluebyte to balance the game?
    Or is it an attempt to destroy all those efforts players have made to play effectively?

Randomising camps would destroy the work of the guide-makers too, so that isn't the best solution.
    Not all players have the time to work out a map and consult the battle-simulator, so they play shortly
    by using scripts of others, who had the time providing them.

The easiest way to balance this game:
    1. Remove the hardest and easiest adventure from the current adventure-list, or
    2. change the loots to these adventures accordingly to the current estimated losses.

So Nords with all it's slow-fighting-units, which are just a push-over for the veteran: + 100 granite or 150 e-logs for a loss of 200 units.
    Sons of the Veld with all it's hard and multi-leadercamps per region: +1500 granite or 2000 e-logs for a loss of 2000 units.

Most simple and fair change to balance the game quickly.
    Last edited by Grow; 14.06.12 at 05:30.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibster View Post
    This game need adventures with random camp locations and enemies, this way u cant be sure what you will face when you start the adventure.

Sometimes ur lucky, sometimes not :P

Totally agree. I never look at any guides anyway as I'd rather work it all out for myself than just go in knowing I'll win. But random camps would also make it more interesting when you repeat the same adventures too. Either that or we need a lot more single player adventures.

And picking up on what others have said about gems - I have 1800 population, kept within my licences, have not bought nobles for gold on trade
    and have never lost an adventure so far. It's called 'planning' and it takes time.

World
    Newfoundland
    Not all players have the time to work out a map and consult the battle-simulator
    Then what is the point in playing a game if you don't have time to play? They're only playing half the game.
    They only want the easy part of the game and ignore anything that requires effort.

I'm sorry, but if you don't have time to spare, then find something else to occupy your spare time... what little of it you seem to have.

I know, maybe they should release a game that levels you to maximum when you first log in and send a certificate in the post to say how clever you were. That seems to be what people want these days.
    Last edited by Tierarzt; 14.06.12 at 22:59.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland

I loved my speedy buggers running from one storehouse to another with lightningspeed.
    Just like humans, who change their mind and suddenly want to do something quickly.
    Last edited by Grow; 15.06.12 at 09:01.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    When I first posted this information I said I would play the adventures again and report back. I had forgotten to do so but since the reset on the test server this week I have been playing different adventures to gain the XP for levelling up again ( I hate it when I am downgraded from L42 to L27 again) I have been playing Horseback without my lovely crossbowmen or elite soldiers and have found out that the pathing changes have resulted in a couple of major problems with both SidV's and Bob's guides.
    First: Block 1 is no longer possible without clearing camp 10. The garrison position in the sector cleared by defeating camp 17 is not longer suitable to attack camp 11 without clearing camp 10 first.
    Second: Previously camps 3 and 4 could be attacked without interception by camp 5. This is no longer possible and camp 5 must be cleared before attacking 3 or 4.

Another adventure which has many changes with the new pathing is The Nords. It is no longer possible to avoid many of the camps as shown in the assorted guides. I cannot play this again yet and have not noted the various changes apart from the need to defeat all camps in a line to the first bandit leader and to send the general to camp 6 - using Sid's numbering - to attack camp 7 as the trap will intercept. Most of the posted guides will be obsolete once the new pathing is introduced and will need to be marked as such or removed so that new players do not try to use them.

I wish more people would use the test server and report back here or post in the test forums. There were very few complaints about the costs for the gem mine or endless copper mine and there have not been many about the cost of upgrading for gems which is outrageous. More feedback may actually register with BB.
    Last edited by LadyBarbara; 01.07.12 at 09:58.

Reply to Thread