Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Forthcoming changes that will affect adventures

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    I put up a post with exactly the same requests for this somnolent community, after seeing the disaster when playing outlaws on tso due to the new pathfinding and have one (unrelated) question for you:
    Dear Brittany Lady, how did you manage to actually get (some) reactions as I managed 0 after 100 views/10 days?

World
    Newfoundland
    The new pathfinding throws out a clear message that blocking and skipping content was not the intended way of playing the adventures. BlueByte didn't like you skipping content and have fixed it. No use crying over spilt milk. Now play the game as originally intended.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by aklbr View Post
    Dear Brittany Lady, how did you manage to actually get (some) reactions as I managed 0 after 100 views/10 days?
    Nice Ladies always seem to attract attention...

Quote Originally Posted by Tierarzt View Post
    The new pathfinding throws out a clear message that blocking and skipping content was not the intended way of playing the adventures.
    I beg to differ. They may have managed to stop us from skipping certain camps, most notably in the Nords, but the new pathing certainly won't reduce the number of possible blockings. In Sons of the Veldt my current way of playing includes 18 blocks, and they can all be done both with the old and with the new pathing (only different garrison locations required in some cases), and the average losses are 1432R 220C with the old pathing, 1410R 220C with the new pathing.

Those camps in Horseback that previously could be skipped, can most probably be blocked instead with the new pathing.

No use crying over spilt milk.
    Your comments are always so encouraging, aren't they?
    If you're a veterinarian, go fix that cow rather than letting her spill the milk...

Now play the game as originally intended.
    Oh, but I'm sure BlueByte loves all our guides where blocks are used.
    Because blocks require fast generals (battle hardened and/or veteran),
    and thanks to our guides they most certainly manage to sell more of those for gems than they otherwise would...

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    The new pathfinding throws out a clear message that blocking and skipping content was not the intended way of playing the adventures. BlueByte didn't like you skipping content and have fixed it. No use crying over spilt milk. Now play the game as originally intended.
    Do you have inside information from BlueByte? I wasn't aware that anyone had actually said that blocking and skipping content was not the way we had to play. I thought that there were many ways to play including using blocks and skipping camps. To take The Nords, for example, you still do not have to defeat ALL camps and surely if BB's intention was to stop skipping camps then they would have changed the pathfinding so that you couldn't avoid any, not just some.

No one is crying over spilt milk. My sole intention in posting here is to alert players to the forthcoming changes and to point out that the guides will need a lot of revision so that new players will have the correct information.
    Last edited by LadyBarbara; 03.07.12 at 09:20.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    For Tierarzt:
    This post, as well as mine, are addressing people with the request to test and complain if they find it unpalatable.
    Since you are not contributing by testing and you find the changes to your liking, can you please ignore me/my comments?

========
    The consequences of the pathfinding scheme (which I venture the guess that is an artefact of the new building interface) are:
    new intercept areas, most old blocks would not work and existing posts and guides will become misleading.

Furthermore, and more worrisome to me, the _spirit_ of the change as well as the claims are in line with "intercepts" are now notified on the spot.
    _THEY_ _ARE_ _NOT_. Good or bad, the current retiming cycle has an interaction with the screen (general going out of an intended camp to go into a blocked one). This is not happening any more, you find it 3-5 minutes later in the wrong camp. New blocks, new posts, retire old ones can be made, for this situation there is no plan B and qualifies as a bug.

For all these things, the litany of complaints will be veeery long.

Reply to Thread