Reply to Thread

Thread: Pine wood foresters and cutters

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

Pine wood foresters and cutters

I have both of these in my little empire now but I'm having a problem. The foresters can't keep up with the rate at which a cutter works. At a ratio of 2 foresters to a single cutter they still won't keep up with demand and I end up with zero forests left, and that kills my log production, which also happens to kill most of my other productions off.

Technically their work rates mean that a forester should be able to keep up with about 3-4 cutters, but even at 2:1 they're falling way behind. Am I missing something?
    A king cannot exist witout his people, but nor can the people become anything but a community without their king.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    3 forester to 2 cutters should do fine. Not sure what situation you have. Have your foresters much higher travel times?

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    No, I place them right next the to cutters to cancel out the travel time variations. Would having more than one cutter in the same area have a negetive affect? I had it at 3 - 2 at one point as well, the forests were gone in two days and the foresters didn't seem to make too much of a difference.
    Both my foresters and cutters should have 15 second travel times each, at the most.
    Also where do the foresters get the seeds from? I assumed it was from the forests too since the warehouse doesn't seem to store them.

I appretiate the response, thankyou.
    A king cannot exist witout his people, but nor can the people become anything but a community without their king.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    For travel times take a look into the details pane: click on the house in question and than on "Details" tab on the bottom. The forester start in the storehouse, too. Perhaps just taken a mug of brew or discussed their foresting strategies with the cutters hanging around.

World
    Newfoundland
    Travel times make a difference. One second delay can make a big difference over the whole infrastructure balance.

If you can't get the balance with the recommended 3:2 setup, then build or upgrade another forester.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Aye, it's sorted now, the problem was the the cutters and foresters were right next to eachother, I've set the foresters closer to the forests and the cutters nearer to the warehouses. That seems to have done the job right

Thankyou for the help guys

Reply to Thread